Perspective

--- Deans Point of View ---
(Before the marking)

"How are the numbers looking for this quarter?" My father asked from the speakerphone. I sat at my desk and was trying to hold a meeting with my dad while he was at another chemo treatment with my mother.

"The numbers seem fine, a little lower than last years but nothing too concerning at the moment."

"That's good." He sounded. "Have we done the checks for the week yet...I emailed you about a couple of guys getting raises, they deserve it so please crunch some numbers and make it happen son at least a dollar each."

I sighed, "of course." I said as I looked up at the clock, I would be late getting home or i'd have to take work home with me.

"Enough with our job...how's everything going Alpha wise?"

At this I couldn't help but feel ashamed. "Things are getting there." I tried to assure him.

"Son, I know Casssandra is new to all of this but try and ease her into the situation, you'll have to mark her sooner rather than later..." There was a long pause and I figured he was leaving the room. "Your mothers health isn't going to hold up forever either and I know she'd love to see you two married, not to mention have at least one grandchild."

"So not much pressure then." I sounded sarcastically.

"I know it's a lot son but you're our only son and the Alpha of this pack...it's time to start stepping up to the plate."

I sat back in my seat and looked out the large window behind me. "I shouldn't even be Alpha of this pack."

"We can't change the past and the sooner you realize that the easier things will be son."

"He was my bestfriend dad...I'm the reason he's dead."

"You need to stop with this already Dean, I loved Ryan like my own son...you know that...but I can't just keep watching you tear away at yourself because of this Dean... you didn't ask him to get the car and you damn sure didn't tamper with your own car...it was an unfortunate accident."

"How can Cassandra be with someone like me?" I asked, my emotions getting the better of me as I gripped into my desk hard to keep myself grounded and not punch the large window behind me out of anger.

"Son she's your mate, she loves you but her love can only carry your relationship so far...be her partner, talk with her about what's going on."

I shook my head, "I can't let her see me like this...I'm sure she already knows I'm a monster."

"You're not son, I only wish you could see the brilliant young man I raised...go home, be with your mate and try and clear your mind of this uneasiness."

We hung up after that.

I headed home and was greeted by Cassandra holding a box of pizza. I guess me keeping my distance from her was catching up to me...I didn't want my mate to have to be near a killer and so I had knowingly been keeping her at arms length. But at this moment my wolf took over and acted on his own as we took the pizza from her and placed it on the floor before having our way with her.

My wolf was all for going forward and having sex with her... We missed her. But somehow I was able to gain control from my wolf and I pulled back.