Gainsborough

"Stephie." Alpha Carter said as we walked into his pack house, he fully embraced her with a relieved sigh.

When the two mates pulled apart he finally noticed me and his smile fell, "Luna Cassandra...-" He sounded unsure. I suppose Stephanie or Dean had talked with him before my coming due to a possible worst case scenario...and I'm sure he was thinking the worst right now.

I nodded, "Alpha Carter, thank you for allowing Stephanie to bring me back here...the challenge, it was a thinly veiled ambush and Dean...-"

I got a little choked up and Stephanie grabbed my hand.

"We left before we could see much of anything, Dean is strong, as is Jaxon...plus your pack guards were there and jumped in immediately, we've only come here as a precaution." She said to assure me and fill Alpha Carter in.

"Luna Cassandra, you're welcome in Gainsborough for as long as you need, you are our most welcome guest and free to stay right here in our pack house or I'm almost certain Alpha Dean's Aunt and Uncle will be so glad to have you."

"Thank you so much...and please just call me Cassie." I offered. "I don't want to be too much of a burden...I know Dean is fine, he has to be or I'll kick his ass."

He smiled and nodded. "Why don't you girls go on up and get settled, I'll have some tea made up for the both of you while we await word from Alpha Dean."

I didn't miss the loving glance he shot towards Stephanie and under normal circumstances I would internally swoon over their cuteness, but right now my stomach was in knots with worry.

Steph led us up the stairs as she talked on the phone with my parents, she kept it brief but gave them the essentials.

"Alright your dad knows your safe and with me but we will be going back once dean says the coast is clear." She said as she showed me into a pretty bedroom.

I took a seat on one of the chairs and pulled out my cellphone, I sighed...of course I didn't have a signal text or phone call.

Stephanie talked about anything and everything in an attempt to ease my worry and take my mind off of everything. Carter was a very sweet Alpha, He personally brought in tea for Steph and I alongside some small sandwiches. I was so thankful for both of their kindness but I couldn't bring myself to enjoy the kind gestures.

I sighed, "I'm sorry...I wish I was better company." I said when Stephanie and I found ourselves alone once again. "Alpha Carter seems so sweet with you."

She smiled, "Oh girly it's fine...and Carter is great."

I couldn't help but smile alongside her.

"Let's go explore his pack." She offered.

"I don't know." I sounded.

"Girl we've been up here for just over an hour now, but lets go be nosey."

I smiled and followed her lead as I stood up from the bed, I took the moment to stretch and yawned, I felt so tired and drained. And as Steph reached the door there was a knock on the other side.

My heart raced.

She opened the door and smiled as she saw her mate. But I noticed he wore a serious expression.

"Cassie..." he sounded gently, "You're wanted downstairs.

I took a deep breath and nodded as they both looked at me now.

I left the comfort of the bedroom and walked into the unknown...and as I made my way down the stairs that's when I saw Dean's dad.

My wolf was filled with instant worry as I remember he was the one who told the Fletchers Ryan had passed.

"Fred?" I sounded worriedly.

"Cassie." He said with a small smile and a tight hug that set my wolf at ease slightly. "Dean is alive but he was injured...as was Jaxon." I stood there and took in what he was saying. "For the most part we got everyone involved...two got away, and one of the two was Jace."

My wolf growled with hatred.

"We need to go home right now, the pack is, at the moment fully exposed and honestly they could come back at any time..."

"If the pack is leaderless then it would be in Cassandra's best interest to stay here, out of harms way." Alpha Carter offered, a worried Stephanie next to him nodding along in agreement with him. "You said it yourself, they could come back at anytime."

"The pack isn't offically Leaderless." Fred sounded in response.

I understood what he meant now.

"I am the Luna of our pack...it's my duty to step up and take charge while my Alpha is down...Alpha Carter thank you for generousity." I said, "But now, as The Luna of the OnyxStone Pack I have to make sure everything is in order, and as my pack has just been attacked, I will need to call upon our two packs alliance..."

Alpha Carter somehow became more offical after hearing that. "Yes Luna Cassandra...OnyxStone has the full support of the Gainsborough pack...and with it, half of my pack guard as well as myself."

"I couldn't ask you to abandon your pack in a time like this." I said with uncertainty now.

"I have a Beta who I trust will take care of my pack in my absence...right now we need to regain your packs stability."

And with that Fred and I left knowing Alpha Carter and Steph would be joining us alongside his men.

It took us about an hour to get back to our pack but when we did I found my parents, the Fletchers, and Lola.

I could feel my mate's presence in the house, I wanted to run to him and make sure he was fully alright, to see him with my own eyes.

But my Wolf acknowledged our Luna position first, so after the inital hellos I got down to business.

"Has a doctor been called to see Jaxon and Dean?"

Lola nodded, "The physician is with them now, Jaxon is in one of the guest rooms and Dean is in your bedroom."

I thanked her, "Mom, Lola...can you please make sure all the rooms are presentable, I have Alpha Carter and half of his guard coming to aid us until the threat is neutralized."

They got to work and the Fletchers stepped forward now.

I hugged them both and poor Mrs Fletcher looked like she had been through the ringer.

"We are so sorry to hear about what happen this afternoon." Mr Fletcher said with a heavy sigh. "Jace... We don't even know who he is anymore...We've always loved Dean like a son." Mr Fletcher admitted with another deep sigh and a tired shake of his head.

"Whatever we can do to help Luna, we are here as your Loyal pack members."Mrs Fletcher said before hugging me again.

I could feel their sincerity and felt horrible for them, "Thank you...but your loyalty is all I need, go and rest please."

I felt bad for them but I was greatful for their continued support and admired that they came out to show they backed Dean and I.

"Fred, can you please get the pack guard here, I don't want to Mind Link and get the whole pack involved and worried." I said, basically admitting that I didn't know how to zero in my mind link to a specific group of people, only the pack as a whole.

In truth I've never really even tried to talk to the pack, never really had a reason to do so before...but I did ask Dean how he did it. He had told me he just sort of thought about the pack and started thinking about what he wanted to say and it worked.

"Dad hold down the house please." I said a little tiredly now, Steph will be coming with Alpha Carson just greet them and make them comfortable...someone call me when My guard gets here as well as when Alpha Carson arrives if I'm not already down here...as for now, I want to see my mate."