Charming & Sassy

"Hello, Hello." Stephanie sounded as she let herself into my bedroom. "Figured you could use some help getting ready.

I nodded as I tied my robe close. "You have no idea."

I noticed that she was wearing a simple romper with an innocent floral print, I had asked everyone to come comfortably as this was a casual and fun dinner.

"I know I'm going to wear my hair back, messy bun or a high ponytail, but I don't know what outfit to wear."

She walked into my closet and began sifting through my clothes.

"What about my dark blue skater dress, it's so comfy." I offered as I saw her push it to the side.

"That's a great option if you want to match your napkins." She smirked.

It took another minute before she pulled out a coral cotton sundress with thin shoulder straps.

"You can either pair it with your tan wedges if you want the height, or some strappy sandals."

I took the outfit and walked into my en suite to get dressed, I had decided that since Dean was going ultra relaxed I'd do the same and opt for the sandals and ponytail combo, as well as keep my makeup very light.

"Do I look alright?" I asked knowing my best friend would give me an honest answer.

"You know I wouldn't let you leave this room if you didn't look perfect now let's go." She smiled, it was her way of saying I looked good.

Both of us exited my room and we could already hear people taking downstairs.

"I guess everyone's here?"

"Everyone but Dean's cousin was here when I got here." She acknowledged, "but don't worry I'm sure he arrived while you were getting ready."

I nodded and we were soon greeted by everyone as we reached the bottom of the stairs, I hugged my parents and then Dean's parents before Dean came to my side. Next his Aunt Liz and someone I could only assume to be her mate approached us, I hugged her.

"Liz it is a pleasure to see you again." I sounded.

She smiled down at me, "I've decided I'd like to be called Aunt Liz."

I laughed along side Dean, at his aunts playful antics.

"By the way this is my mate Thomas, our son is around here somewhere..."

I greeted Thomas who turned out to be a kind but quiet man much like my own father, and soon enough their son joined us.

"It's an honor to officially be meeting you Luna Cassandra." Jaxon said as he lifted my hand placed a chaste kiss upon my knuckles. "My name is Jaxon Hemlock."

"I'm sure the honor is ours Jaxon." I said as I spotted Stephanie, "if you please, I'd like to introduce you to my best friend Stephanie."

He released my hand and turned his attention to Steph and then looked back at Dean, "what a lucky man you are cousin, such beauties surrounding you."

Dean smiled, but simply wrapped and arm around my waist, I knew even though Jaxon is his cousin his wolf didn't care for another male to be touching us.

"How lovely to meet you miss Stephanie."

Jaxon and Dean did have similar traits like Dean had mentioned, dark hair, light eyes but the obvious differences lie in their personalities. Where Dean is first seen as shy and humble, Jaxon is very openly flirtatious.

And unfortunately I knew Stephanie well...she hates Flirty guys.

She withdrew her hand and thankfully held back whatever remark she was initially going to say after remembering where she was.

"I'm sure the sentiment is the same."

I sighed a little, this was already going worse than I expected.

Jaxon moved to talk to Dean and Steph came over me.

"No." She said instantly.

"Jaxon is very sweet." I tried to push.

"No."

"You'll get use to him." I urged.

"No."

"Well as he is more than likely going to be our new Beta I am asking you to show him around tomorrow."

"No...why can't you or Dean do it?"

I sighed, "I really wouldn't mind, I find Jaxon very sweet and charming...but I was talking to Lola and she thinks I'm going to need some kind of Luna training."

"What the hell's there to learn, do the right thing, support Dean, and be nice...lesson over."

I giggled and rolled my eyes, "we both know there's much more to it than that, please Steph...Dean and I are about to be swamped with work as well as school, and not only do we need Jaxon to take the beta position..." I said before I pulled her over to a more secluded spot. "We also need an alliance with his old pack.

She groaned and sighed dramatically.

"I swear you are going to owe me sooo freaking much!" She said before stomping away.

"Everything good?" Dean asked as he came over, he snaked his arm around my waist.

I let out a light sigh, "for the time being." I answered slightly concerned with Stephanie. "Everything good on your end?" I asked, I knew Jaxon was still giving Dean the run around about accepting the position of Beta.

He nodded, "it's looking favorable but he still won't give me a definitive answer."

I turned around to face him, he looked so tired.

"No matter how this evening goes, how about we make a weekend trip out to your families cabin.

He smiled, "I still can't believe you like that place...it's small and old-"

"And quiet and private." I hinted.

His eyes darkened a little as he realized what I was trying to casually hint at.

"I think we can definitely have a weekend to ourselves...do you think Steph can entertain Jax long enough for us to sneak away?"

I shrugged, "I can tell she's put off by him, but she also won't be completely horrible to him knowing he's your cousin and that the pack needs him, I've asked her to show him around town tomorrow."

He nodded his approval, "Jaxon has to go back home tomorrow evening anyways so I'm sure she won't have to put up with him too long."

I rolled my eyes, "he can't be that bad."

"No" he said with the shake of his head, "Jaxon isn't a bad guy, a womanizer maybe but in business he's super savvy, very determined, and when it comes to family he'd usually do anything...which is odd that he hasn't just flat out accepted my offer."

"I'm sure he will." I said trying to reassure him, to be honest I couldn't be too sure that Jaxon would accept, but I was hopeful.