The Last Dragons

Ocean breeze brushing her soft pale skin, and early morning sun rays warming her body, Rhalla gazed at the Narrow Sea, hoping that one day, if she looked long enough, her home would magically appear. Westeros, a place she barely remembered. The continent she called home, though the last time she saw it was since she was no more than a baby, after her mother died while giving birth to her and her sister.

Similar blue eyes, pale skin, short height but elegant and innocent features, the only thing that differenced her and Daenerys was the hair. One could scarcely believe that Rhalla was a Targaryen from the look at her hair, but her blood was as strong as any member of her house. She was named after her mother, Rhaella Targaryen, soon after her death.

Rhalla broke from her reverie when she heard her twin sister's sobs. Forced to wed a giant Dothraki at such a young age, the young silver haired beauty was terrified by her fate. The fate that Rhalla only escaped by chance, though she took pity on her little sister who she loved more than anything in the world.

Rhalla left the balcony and returned to her sister's side. The servants in Illyrio's palace took the time to ready the future Khaleesi, dressing her in the beautiful violet dress that her future husband gifted her for their wedding. Her wavy silvery hair had been mostly left down but braided down the middle in the most astonishing way.

"You look beautiful." Rhalla smiled after the servants left the chambers as she wiped the tears from her sister's face with her finger and held her hands in hers.
"I don't want to marry him." Daenerys said through the sobs.
"I know.." Rhalla whispered with lowered full eyebrows, feeling guilt and compassion for her sister.

She looked at her, feelings of love towards her sister and the need to protect her urged through her, but she was powerless this time. She wished she could cancel the wedding at once, keep her sister close, but there was no turning back, not with the Dothraki.
She held her sister's chin and lifted her head to meet her determined gaze.

"I will always be there for you, Dany, you know that. I know I could do nothing against Viserys and his dreams of greatness, but I swear to you, that if that giant horse-lord ever harms you, he will know what Targaryens are made of. If that fool of a brother that we have is too much of a coward to speak up for you, I will. You have my word." she promised, honesty resonating in her words.

Daenerys wrapped her arms around her sister with force to which Rhalla responded with the same passion. They understood, loved and protected each other whenever was necessary against any threat they faced in the past.

"Rhalla!" a manly voice called from the distance. Rhalla pulled away from the embrace and kissed her sister on the cheek.
"It'll be alright, Dany. Don't worry." she reassured her, "Viserys asked to speak to me. I'll go see what the Dragon has to tell me." she said mockingly as she rolled her eyes, finally making Daenerys laugh heartily.

Rhalla left the room for the gardens where her older brother was waiting. She took a deep breath and straightened her back, preparing for another argument with Viserys. Their relationship had always been unhealthy. He wanted to rule over his sisters, force them to do as he pleased, but she was stubborn, always standing up for herself and for her sister.

"You wished to see me, Brother?" she asked politely as she walked down the stairs.
"Don't play that little game with me, Rhalla. You know I am still mad at you." he said quietly, turning to see her approaching.
"You're angry at me? For not pleasing the Khal?" she said mockingly.
"Yes, that. And for turning your sister on me." he continued, hands crossed behind his back.

"But let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? I summoned you for a reason." he started.
"Oh! And might I know what reason that might be, dear brother?" she interrupted, her wit getting on her brother's nerves.
"One marriage is not sufficient for our alliance with the Dothraki. But two marriages.. Ah! Two marriages with Targaryen princesses would be perfect." the brother said excitedly, rubbing his chin with his fingers in delight.
"You're joking, right?" Rhalla scoffed, not intending to submit to his wishes once again.

"Do I look like joking to you? You already shamed us, the last time you showed up in front of the Khal, with your brown hair. Even he didn't want you. No one does. You have been useless for far too long. But if even you can get me to the Iron Throne, so be it. You are marrying one of Drogo's bloodriders, the arrangements have already been made and this discussion is over." Viserys insulted, breaking Rhalla's heart with only words.

She looked down to the ground as she listened to her brother's insults, tears threatening to pour out, but she inhaled and held them back, meeting her brother's gaze with her own angry one.
"I will not do as you say. I am not your slave." she screamed in defiance.

Viserys widened his eyes, "You want to awaken the Dragon, do you?" he said as he raised a hand in the air, ready to slap her.
She stopped his hand with force just in time before he could hit her, and pressed tightly, surprising him with her strength and quick response.
"If you ever lay a hand on me, or on Daenerys, you won't know how death came to you." she threatened, her face red boiling from anger.

Viserys twisted his lips into a grin and released himself from her firm grip violently. He pointed at her with a finger, "You will marry him." he said with a final ordering tone before walking out angrily from the place, leaving the brunette on her own.

Rhalla breathed heavily as she leaned on the fence and felt tears pouring down her face. Tears of anger, rage, sadness, shame.. She was heartbroken. All her life, he always found the way to tell her how she was inappropriate, useless, weak and shameful.

How he and Daenerys were better off without her. Because she was different.
She would always stand up to him, but those words cut through her heart like sharp daggers, deeper every time he repeated the insults.

She pulled herself back together and walked back to her chambers to ready herself for her sister's wedding, thinking about what lied ahead of her.

There was no escaping what he said, if a promise had already been made to the bloodrider. Dothraki are not the type to back down from a promise without severe consequences, and she had to obey, with or without her consent.

Gods save her.

_______________________________
Hey guys! I really hope you'll like the story. I've been meaning to do a Game of Thrones fanfic for so so long and it's finally happening!
Please tell me what you think by voting and commenting!