Regrets

"She's gone?" Robb checked with the guard, even if he already knew the answer.
"Yes. Lady Rhalla disappeared, your grace." He told him before he dismissed him with a nod.

Robb demanded that he shall be left alone that night. Even Talisa failed at helping him feel better after his heated argument with Rhalla the day prior.

He sat on the table in his tent, crossed his arms and focused his gaze on the burning candle in front of him.
All he wanted was some space and quiet. Two things that seemed very rare now that he was king and everybody claimed his attention on different matters.

He knew that Rhalla would leave, and as much as his father might've seen her as a useful pawn in the wars to come, or as valued ally, he couldn't stop her. He could've sent men and found her, but he retained himself from doing so.

She was more than that. She was human after all, and he respected her feelings.

He was well aware of the mistakes he had done, and that made it all the worse.
It seemed like he couldn't control himself anymore. Whenever Talisa had been near him, it was as if she was the only woman he'll ever be able to love. It was as if she was the only one with whom he'll find happiness, but as soon as she'd leave, his feelings would change too.

He would find himself thinking about the only woman he's ever loved, and that he still does. And yet, that never stopped him from hurting her, time and again.

Sure, she can be stubborn and imposing, but all she's ever wanted was for him to succeed. No matter the doubts he might've had when they first met, he didn't have them anymore. She loved him, and he loved her.

But it's never enough.

The King in the North never found himself so confused in his life. His path had always been clear. First, he was raised to be Lord of Winterfell. That might've changed, but he knew his duties.

Though when it came to Rhalla, he didn't know what to do with her. She made him feel like no other, and he found himself falling for her despite all odds. A wolf and a dragon, a union that never boded well for either side.

But Talisa played with his mind. As soon as she would walk into his tent, it was as if there had never been any Rhalla, nor anyone else.
Like she was messing with his mind and heart, and if he wasn't sane enough, he'd think she was using some sort of Volantese magic.

And maybe she was..

But at that moment, all that Robb could think of was how he was going to deal with not seeing the Targaryen beauty again. Seeing that smile, those haunting eyes of hers..

He didn't love Talisa. He never will. But it was too late. He disgraced her, and he had done enough wrong to one woman to allow himself to do the same with another. He would protect her honor, no matter what it took.

Even if it meant betraying one of his most powerful allies, and even if it meant living with someone that he'll never be able to love.
Because that's what his father was, and what he wanted to be: a man of honor.

Someone entered the tent and interrupted his chain of thoughts, angering him even more than he already was.
His nostrils flared, and he didn't even bother to look at who it was.
"I said I wanted to be left alone!" he said angrily.

"I'm sorry, but your mother wishes to speak with you." a feminine voice said, making him gasp and turn, only to find the woman he least wanted to see that night.
"Tell her I'm busy." he muttered and returned to his meditation in hopes that she'd leave.

"She says it's important." she insisted, and he could feel her presence for a while longer before she finally decided to walk out.

Robb had no desire to speak to his mother. He had allowed her to walk around camp, only with an escort of at least two guards to watch her every move, but that didn't mean he had forgiven her treachery.

Losing Jaime Lannister had been a great loss for his army, an insult to his men, all because of her naiveness and own stupidity. But she was his mother, and if she went to Talisa, a woman she was not fond of, to summon him, then it must clearly be something important indeed.

Robb sighed heavily and pressed his hands on the table for support to stand up. He was tired, and he hadn't slept that night, nor did he remove his armor. He didn't even attend to his duties, and he cancelled every meeting they had to plan their next negotiations with the Crag.

The King in the North walked to his mother's tent, or cell, as his men greeted him along the way.
He tried to put on a smile, but he failed.
He found Catelyn standing outside her tent, her gaze focused on the cloudy sky above them.

He spontaneously frowned as soon as he saw her figure, as mixed feelings of anger and pity but also remorse filled his whole being.
He silently dismissed the guards and stood next to his mother, making sure to not meet her eyes and get straight to the point.

"You came!" she said in relief and bitter joy.
"What is it?" he asked, his tone firm and serious.
Catelyn looked at him with a pained expression, and though she hadn't heard the news of Rhalla's disappearance, she could see that her son wasn't doing all that well, and that something troubled him, other than what she had done.

She wished with all her heart to help her beloved son, but the fortress he built to shield himself from her love and support was impregnable.
"Look." she pointed at the sky, and he glared at her ferociously.

"You brought me here to discuss the weather?" he said sarcastically but angrily, "I am king. I have more important things to attend-"
Robb was interrupted as soon as he unconsciously raised his gaze to look at where his mother was pointing.

The sky was clear in that part, and an icy blue light passed through. It was a comet, bright enough to appear in the light of the sun.
Only not long ago, a red comet was seen after his victory at the Whispering Wood.

The men spoke of an omen, others of a Lannister victory, but he didn't quite believe any of those theories.
He simply believed that it was but a rare astronomical phenomenon, as Maester Luwin had told him once.

But now, another one, and in such a short time span certainly meant more.
His mind couldn't help but recall the tales that Old Nan used to tell of the meaning of these comets. That they suggested the birth of the beasts that were extinct for centuries.

He had seen dragon eggs with his own eyes. What if..

"It can't be.."

_______________________________
So here's a Robb POV, as some of you suggested. I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think in the comments, and please check my new Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen story, "The Winter Rose".

Much love xo