Legacy

Rhalla quickly returned to her chambers, finding a box right in front of her bed.
She sat down, taking a deep breath and praying that the box didn't contain an assassin ready to kill her. The attempts on her life in the past were countless, and came in surprising ways. An art, really.

She finally decided to open the chest after inhaling deeply, but it was closed. Amazing. She looked at the lock, and noticed that the shape of it was very similar to the seal of her ring. The only thing she had left of her family.
She pressed the ring in the lock, and it made a sound.

After taking a deep breath, Rhalla opened the chest, unrevealing three stunning dragon eggs, similar to her sister's. She remembered Daenerys receiving the same on her wedding day, and the first thing that crossed her mind was if those were the same eggs. That she might be in danger, and that sending the chest was a sort of warning to Rhalla, or worse.
Her heartbeat fastened, and worry traveled through her mind, preventing her from admiring the beautiful colors of the petrified eggs.

As a thousand questions rushed in her mind, she perceived a parchment in the back of the chest.
She opened the seal bearing the Targaryen sigil with the three dragon heads, and that only made the worry worsen. The parchment held a letter, written in beautiful calligraphic letters, and after sighing, she started reading it:

My dearest daughter,

If you are reading this, then the time for you has come to find your own path. I know it isn't easy, being separated from your blood, and that you are working so hard to uphold the family name, but you must never feel guilt for putting your own safety as your priority. You are a princess, you must never forget that, and a Targaryen, so I give you that which I believe will help you fight for what you know, in your heart, is right. Take what is yours, with Fire and Blood, and never allow anyone to take it away from you.

I love you Rhalla Targaryen. Always.

At the end of the reading, Rhalla couldn't tell if it was the emotion or the surprise that were making her hands shake and her breathing fasten. Tears were wailing down her face, and she made sure none would mess up the paper.
She read the letter, over and over, and still didn't believe what it implied. The letter was clearly from her mother, Rhaella Targaryen, the woman she never saw. The mother who died after giving birth to her and her sister in the worse storm Dragonstone had known, earning Daenerys the name Stormborn.

But so many things didn't make sense to Rhalla. Who kept the chest hidden all these years? Where did my mother get these dragon eggs? she wondered, but most importantly, How are petrified eggs supposed to help her fight? What did she believe was right?

Those were the questions that bothered her sleepless night, and she decided that the first thing she would do was to go to Maester Luwin first thing in the morning to see if he had any information about from who and where the box has been sent.

And she did just as much. After wearing her dress and pulling her hair in a braid, she left her room, making sure to hide the letter and to seal the box.
She found the Maester in his turret, flipping through some book, and he lifted his head when he saw her walk through the open door, without knocking nor asking for his permission, which surprised him.

"Who sent the box?" Rhalla asked directly while crossing her arms.
The Maester stuttered, "We don't know.. my lady. A raven carried a letter from an anonymous party, claiming that the box should be retrieved from an empty house in Winter Town and that it is directed to you. Lord Stark sent his men and they brought the chest directly to your chambers." he explained with a slow voice.