Broken

The kiss was passionate and lustful. Rhalla would've sworn on her life it was even more so than the ones she shared with Robb. Of course, it was far from being that.

She couldn't move her feet. She wished the scene could just disappear from her sight, or at least that she could leave the place, but she was incapable of doing that.
It wasn't long before Robb quit whatever he was doing that seemed like undressing Talisa to Rhalla after he noticed her presence.

She gasped and walked as fast she could out of the tent to avoid breaking before him and every other guard outside.
"Wait!" he called, lacing his leather attire as he followed her outside.

Rhalla carried on walking to her tent, fastening her strides and failing at holding the tears that poured like streams down her face.
"Rhalla, wait, it's not what you think!" he said, and out of disbelief, she uttered a disgusted chuckle and aggressively turned to face him.

"Not what I think!" she mocked, arms crossed, waiting for a respond which she didn't receive.
"Let me explain.." he started with sweat dripping down his forehead and a rattled voice.
"I don't need your explanations. I don't even want to be having this conversation with you." she interrupted, and he came closer to her and took her hand before she immediately released herself from his grasp.

"Don't you dare touch me." she warned.
"I'm.. I'm sorry. Just.. let's go somewhere more private." he whispered, keeping his eyes on the surroundings to avoid anyone from overhearing their conversation.

"Why? Because it's such a shame to be seen with me? Because you're the honorable Robb Stark! Who's betrothed to lady Frey, huh?" she screamed, and this time, he grabbed her arm very tightly and pulled her to the nearest empty tent before she could say something that would cost them both.

"Look. I'm sorry.." he said calmly, and she gave him another giggle.
"Don't even try. I won't believe any word that comes out of your mouth." she spat.
"You are in no position to talk either. Don't you think I saw you with Robin Flint? You've been spending all your time with him, and Gods know what he's done to you." he uttered, which infuriated her even more so than she already was.

"This is your cover? To blame me of infidelity?" she mocked, "Robin is a friend!"
"Oh please!" he chuckled.
"Yes! He is, just as much as Kyra is. They've been by my side when I needed them the most, and when you were too busy falling for that whore!"

He opened his mouth to protest, but before he could say a word, she interrupted.
"I'm done trying to help you. Of being by your side when you'd rather be by someone else's. I'm tired of fighting for you. I loved you, with all my heart, Robb. I was yours, body and soul, but clearly, it wasn't enough." she tried to express through the sobs.
"Rhalla, please.. Just listen.." he tried to find any reasonable excuse, but in vain.

"You were right. We can never be together. The dragon and the wolf can never be together, and I'm done. We're done. I wish you luck, Robb Stark." she said, then she started walking to the exit before she turned to say her farewells, in her own way.

"And long may you reign."

*******************************************

"I am not staying here one moment longer!" Rhalla said as she burst into her tent.
"Wait, what are you doing?" Kyra questioned, confused to see the princess' sudden change in mood.
"Leaving." Rhalla started collecting her eggs and hiding them in a black cloak, along with the ink and quill, some parchment, and what little clothes she could carry.
"Why? What happened there?" Kyra asked.