|Chapter 2| Movement

I ranked #21 in #storm (489 stories) top 100 in #dragneel (like over 500 stories)? Y'all are too nice 😭 thank you!

"An ice wizard...?" the redhead mumbled under his breath. Bringing back the memories of his old friend. "Gray, do ice wizards usually bring snow?" He turned his head to the older ice wizard, who's breath hitched. Reiki stared at the snow on the ground. Its tiny, white eyes glimmering back at him

"Only a few..." he said lowly, almost a whisper. Then said a bit louder, "Storm could." He remembered when Storm was barely learning magic, he found out he could create snow out of thin air.

"hmm..." Nova's brows furrowed. Thinking that it definitely wasn't him, but didn't want to say it out loud.

Lucy and Erza came down from the wooden ship and handed coats and gloves from below deck to everyone, with Igneel behind. Everyone except for Gray and Rin. Lucy brought Igneel with the team, knowing that he needed the experience. As a spectator, obviously.

Once everybody received their coats and gloves, Erza yelled out, "Gray, Lucy, Caleb, Reiki, Nova and I will start investigating. The rest of you stay and set up camp."

Jellal started walking and waved his hand, signaling for the others to follow, "let's find some flat land and get started."

Nashi pouted while following him, wanting to investigate with the others instead. But she kept silent, not wanting to anger everyone at the moment.

Wendy shook her head, "It's okay Nashi, you'll get your chance." Nashi seemed to disagree.

She crossed her arms, "yeah, right."

Erza came behind Reiki and started pushing his wheel chair through the snow, he tried to say something about it, "mom, you don't have to-"

"Be quiet and accept help once in a while," she said simply, not looking down at him. He grumbled but managed to just let her push him through the terrain. They began walking deeper in the island, usually when something like this happened, it began in the middle of wherever or whatever it was happening at.

Nova stayed on the other side of the group, silent. She didn't want to talk to Reiki at the moment. Just the ice and the snow... it reminded her too much of their old friend.

Erza turned towards Gray, "can you recognize the magic?"

The group stopped and he knelt to the ground and started removing the snow with his hand to get to the ice underneath. Once he dug deep enough, he rested his hand on top of it, a light blue aura coming from underneath his hand. That didn't last long, because as soon as he did so, he quickly jerked his hand away. "It's... dark..."

"Darker than your magic?" Caleb asked.

Gray stood up and nodded, "Caleb, can you release some magic to it?"

The brunette hummed and knelt down to where Gray was. He produced some magic power on the ice piece, his eyes widened and he jerked his hand away from it, "That stung... God, that really stung..." he looked at his hand and started moving his fingers slowly, one by one. It seemed to have hurt more than it had affected Gray.

Erza's eyebrows furrowed and turned towards Lucy, almost immediately, and said to her, "you try."

She nodded, knowing where the redhead was going with this. Once Caleb moved away, she touched the ice and she squinted her eyes, "Necromancy. Someone brought another person back from the dead to do this." Lucy's magic was purer than Gray's and Caleb's, probably the purest in Fairy Tail. Thus, she was the only one that could counter the spell.

"So it wasn't their magic," Reiki said, "it was just the fact that they're not completely... well... human."

Lucy confirmed it, "yes. Since Caleb wasn't exactly born like the rest of us, he got the strongest resistance from the ice."