|Chapter 6| Mika

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

. . .

"You what?"

"Mom, we just-"

Lucy threw her hands in the air out of frustration, "Nashi, I've told you specifically- "

"I know, I know but we... I... she..." Nashi looked over at her partners in crime, but none of them could come up with a good enough reason. The torch shone brightly in Lucy's hand, not helping Nashi at all either.

Erza huffed at the three, specifically her daughter, "did you three think before you went out there? You could've been killed."

"Maybe but-" Rosemary was cut off by her mother.

"But what, Rose?" Erza said. "Did you guys find something? Was it worth your lives?"

Nova's ears twitched, "Gale is coming."

"The boys left too?" Lucy asked. She was about to say something else, but the person in Gale's hands had silenced her.

"Where's Wendy?" He panted. "Sylvia- she--"

Everyone looked at her wide eyed. It was obvious by the way Gale was holding her that the wound was in her back.

What was really scary, was that there was blood everywhere. On Gale's hands, the snow they walked over, and Sylvia's clothes was drenched in it.

Barefooted and in her pajamas, Wendy popped out of her tent, "I smell blood-" She cut herself off. "Set her down on her stomach."

"On the snow?" Gale took a knee anyway, doing as he was told.

Wendy got down on her own knees and got to work, "it'll help with the healing," she answered. "She'll live though. She just... she just needs rest."

"Nova," Erza said, "get her light clothes to change into." Nova nodded and raced for their tent.

"What happened?" Rosemary whispered to herself, absolutely terrified for her friend. She held her hands up to her face and covered her mouth, nobody could see the trembling lip underneath.

Meanwhile, Nashi was upset, "who did this?" She asked sternly. "Gale, who-?!"

Suddenly, Nashi gasped.

. . .

Flashing images and scenes crossed her mind.

Storm. They were all about Storm.

When he showed me all the guild's memories. Our parent's trials.

The time when I fell right on top of him and accidentally kissed him- I pulled out his stupid earring.

All our fights. Conversations.

Moments.

"What can you be so busy with that you can't take care of your own child?!"

That was Serenity. The talk outside the hotel... I... I forgot about it.

How did I forget?

But what if that isn't Storm's child?

"Nashi..."

Mika.

"He's not dead."

A/N: Refer back to the first book, chapter 11. (I didn't change anything, I swear on my life.)