|Chapter 12| Enough is Enough

Everyone woke up to find Lucy, Rosemary, and Gale missing.

Nashi had enough of it.

"They're beating us left and right!" She exclaimed. "I'm not waiting for instructions anymore. What have we done? Investigate? We have yet to even find anything worth our while."

Everyone had gathered near the fireplace, where Nashi was letting out her frustration. It was understandable. They were on the losing side. Everyone was frustrated and angry.

Reiki had planned to tell his parents about how he could walk normally, but now wasn't the time.

"Wow," an unfamiliar voice said, "isn't that wonderful?"

Everyone turned toward a line of dead trees to find Chalice clapping his hands.

"It was you," Jellal said.

Chalice smiled and flapped his hand up and down, "as much as I want to take credit, I don't know where that metal mouth and Lucy went. My main goal was the precious Rose."

Someone was going to say something, but before they could, Chalice spoke, "also, she failed her judgment. She pled guilty to everything, didn't even try. Now she's wallowing in who knows where."

"Where is she?!" Rin snuck up behind Chalice and tried to grab his chest, but his arms went right through the demon.

Chalice grabbed Rin's cheek and slammed him to the ground, "you don't think I would come here in person do you? I can regenerate, but it's a process."

"Then how are you-?" Rin asked before getting kneed in the back.

Chalice rolled his eyes, "didn't Rizu tell you? Jeez."

Right. Rin isn't really getting injured, he just thinks he is.

"Let him go," Gray ordered with clenched teeth.

His red eyes looked up at Gray before scoffing. The demon slayer could seriously injure him, and they still didn't know if Gray could very well kill the twins.

"Don't get in the way, diamond," Chalice hissed at Rin before picking him up by the hair and throwing him to the other members.

"Why are you here? To gloat?" Erza spoke up.

It took all of Nashi's strength to not try and smash him into the ground. She knew she would fail, that's the only reason she didn't.

"Oh, two reasons, really," Chalice looked at his nails and started picking at one, then glared at Jellal with a fury that couldn't be explained. "I came to tell you, Jellal, to come to the first master's grave tonight. It's the only way you can get your daughter back, sadly."

"And, our next suspect in the courtroom is... Hm," he squinted his eyes, as if he couldn't see them. "Oh, is she still recovering?"

Gray ran for the medical tent without a second thought.

When he opened the entrance, Melody sat there with Sylvia's head on her lap. His daughter was crying.

"Innocent," Melody sang, "or guilty?" She moved her head with each word.

"Let her go," Gray ordered.

Melody tsked, "no can do. She's somewhat of an importance to our plans."

His jaw began to shake. All that's happened to him, to his family, why couldn't they leave him alone?

"What do you want from me?" Gray asked. His voice broke. "What made you decide that my life should be a living hell?"