Chapter 25: A Long Time Coming

Thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter.

Mature Content(; If you are one of the very few on Wattpad who does not like smut, then wait for my warning and skip it if you wish.

Ace's Pov:
I played with Jason's hair as we laid in our bed. It had been so long since we were able to just lay in bed and relax. Tyler was on the floor in the hallway playing with his blocks. We left the door open so we could keep and eye on him, I was just thankful for the time with them.

He came home stressing about whether or not to allow Tyler to be around people he didn't know without him there. He was desperate for a break, that I could understand. He was thrown into a situation where he had to suddenly become a parent to his younger sibling.

Not only is that not fair to him, but it isn't fair to Tyler either. He will have to grow up knowing that his father threw him away after his mother passed away. I know Jason and I will take good care of him, that isn't even something I've thought about worrying about. His father or his sisters never bothered to call and check on him.

But everybody deserves and needs parents. Jason is eighteen and I am twenty four, we just started dating and we have a kid in the mix. It's been stressful, both mentally and physically.

"This is nice." He sighed and relaxed even more into my side.

"It really is. I've missed you." I admitted.

"I've missed you too, I feel like everything just happened so fast. It wasn't even in our control, it just got thrown at us."

I scoffed quietly. "Trust me, I understand what you're saying. When we first started dating, I expected things to be cliche and boring, just like any other relationship. But it's so much more."

"More?"

"We have Tyler, we are already living together, we don't have a sex life, we see each other maybe 2 hours a night. Sweetie, we skipped right over boring and straight into marriage."

He laughed. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I never said I wasn't happy with the way things are. Things were just unexpected. I just wish we had more time together, to really get to know each other and ease into things like normal couples."

He sighed and I knew I should have just kept my mouth shut. I never wanted to hurt him and make him feel guilty. I knew how much this bothered him as well. I knew he was excited to finally have a relationship and then everything with his family fell in his lap.

He was grateful but it was hard on him.

"I think having Tyler go to dinner with Scarlett's family may be a good thing for everybody."

"Really?" I was shocked, when he came home he was pretty adamant on not sending Tyler away.

"Tyler has told me about not making any friends at school." He managed. He sounded so broken. "He has come home looking so sullen and bummed about going to school the next day. He told me that none of the kids invite him to play. His teacher even called me and said that he just reads by himself. On the bright side, he's at the highest reading level in the class."

"Why haven't you told me this?" I asked quietly. I was here to be his rock, I wanted him to lean on me when he needed it. He couldn't keep things from me, especially when it came to Tyler and his happiness.

"Because I didn't want to admit to myself or to you that I am a failure. He would talk about how excited he was and that he had friends at his old school. The second I send him to school, he has no friends and he comes home sad every day. I don't know how to help him, I didn't have friends in school either. I wasn't prepared to just be thrown into parent hood. I don't know how to handle this."