2

The next morning I woke up to my phone vibrating like mad.

Colby - wanna hang out?

Colby - josieeee

Colby - please

Colby - Ella can come

Colby - we have rocket league

Me - i hate rocket league

Colby - u should still come over

Me - fine. Ellas comin too

I roll my eyes and laugh, then go to wake up Ella.

"Hey Ells, Colby wants us to come over," I say, and her eyes flash open.

"I'm up," she says, and sprints to her bathroom. I roll my eyes and retreat back to my room to change. I pull on a oversized twenty one pilots tee and tuck it in to my favorite black jeans with holes in the knees. I slip on my black vans and pull my long, wavy, maroon-ish colored hair into a ponytail. I loved dying my hair, I loved change in general. Keeping things the same for too long is boring, in my opinion. As I am brushing my teeth Ella comes flying in, almost out of breath.

"How do I look?" She asks, and I look her outfit up and down. She is wearing a white tee with light wash skinny jeans, white vans, and a green jacket thing. Her usually straight hair was curled and her makeup was heavier than normal.

"You look great," I mumble through toothpaste, then spit in the sink.

"Excellent, you ready?" She asks, and I nod. I grab my keys and we walk down to my car. I get in, and only then realizing I didn't have Colby's address. I texted hi and he texted me back almost immediately with his address. I drove calmly, with Ella's energy radiating off her as she bounced her leg. She kept checking her phone, and her eyes were wide with excitement.

"Calm down, you look like a rabbit that had ten shots," I say, and she gives me a glare that I see from the corner of my eye. We soon pull up to a gate and it opens. I pull in and park behind a random car, and get out. She speed-walks to the door, and before she knocks takes a few breaths to compose herself. She knocks, and after a few seconds Corey answers.

"Hello hello!" He says, and opens the door wider to let us in.

"Are they here?" I hear Sam yell, and I holler back to him.

"Yes we are!" I yell, and I hear frantic running coming from upstairs. Sam emerges first, then Colby, then some dude we haven't met yet.

"Welcome to our casa!" Colby says, and I nod.

"Why, thank you," I say, and then Sam speaks up.

"This is Aaron, by the way. Aaron, this is Josie and Ella, we met them while we were in Australia," he explains, and Aaron nods.

"Nice to meet you guys," he says, and I nod.

"You too," I say.

"So, what do y'all want to do?" Ella asks, tilting her head to the side casually.

"Well, Sam and I wanted to film something for our channel, and we were thinking of checking out the LA tunnels," Colby says, and I furrow my brows together.

"What the heck? Why?" I question, laughing slightly.

"Well, we want to try to raft on the water that's in the canal things," Sam says, and I shake my head.

"You guys are crazy, but I'll come with just to see how it turns out," I say, raising my brows and tilting my head to the side.

"I'll come as well," Ella says, smiling flirtatiously at Colby.

"Okay," they both say, and together we walk to Colby's car.

***

"That was the most entertaining thing I have experienced," I say, as I videotape the two boys who were soaking wet.

"I bet," Colby says, shaking out his hair.

"Oh my god," I say, laughing as some water gets in my arm.

"Sorry, did I get ya?" He asks, and shakes out his hair again, closer to me this time.

"Colby, stop!" I say laughing, and suddenly Ella lets out this laugh that sounds like a friggin' blowhorn. We all grow quiet and look at her, and I give her the 'what are you doing?" Look.

"Sorry, haha!" She says giggling, and twirling her hair. Colby and I give each other a look, and I raise my brows. We keep silent as we walk back to the car, carrying one less pool noodle than we had before as well as a bunch of random ass things we used to make the raft. Even the ride home was quiet, although Ella kept chatting it up.

"That was super fun, we should do it again!" She says, and I just nod to myself while Sam gives me a look. When we park, Ella is practically a magnet to Colby.

"I'm gonna get into some dry clothes," Colby says, and Sam nods in agreement.

"Ella, let's go get dinner," I say, trying to help Colby out a bit. He gives me a gracious smile as Ella finally gives him space.

"What you in the mood for?" She asks as we get in the car.

"A big ass pizza," I say, and drive out of the boys house to the nearest pizza shop. I order a large half cheese half pepperoni then take a seat at one of the tables to wait.

"Why was the car so silent? Colby seemed irritated," she commented randomly, spinning a napkin ball around.

"You have to give them space, Ell," I say, and I furrows her brows and cocks her head in confusion.

"I am! I'm just trying to make conversation, but they were dead silent!" She says, and the napkin ball slides to the ground.

"They didn't want to talk, Ella," I say, leaning forward in hopes it will get through her head better.

"Alright," she groans, and then the lady calls our number. I grab the box and hand it to Ella once we get in the car.