25

That night I wanted to get out and do something. For Ella's sake.

"Colby?" I say, wandering downstairs tow here he was sitting with Sam.

"Yeah, baby?" He asks, and I take a seat next to him.

"I want to go out tonight. You and me, explore somewhere," i say, and Colby nods excitedly.

"Yes! The last exploring video was so boring without you," he says, and Sam nods in agreement.

"Watch the video, all he talks about is you and how you would react to any situation," Sam says, and I laugh lightly.

"I will," I say, and adjust the beanie I had put on my head. Colby slips on his shoes and walks out to his car.

"Can I drive?" I ask, and he nods, tossing the keys to me. I start the engine and start working y way to the abandoned mall, which we had visited many times before but it was one of my favorite places. We pulled up across the street and we snuck over the wall, landing neatly on the other side. Colby talks to his camera while we walk together to the escalator.

"So, we are going to the escalator area to slide down, per Josie's request," Colby says, and I stick my tongue out at him. We finally make it and find pieces of cardboard from our last visit. I run up and prepare to slide down. I slide down fast and almost hit Colby, causing me to burst into laughter.

"Your turn, idiot," I say, taking his camera. I turn it towards me and make a funny face as he walks up, and slides down, videotaping it as he comes down. He almost hits me, but I duck out of the way quickly.

"By the way, Brockstars, I am doing this in honor of my best friend Ella, who passed away about two weeks ago. She was so fun loving and caring and thoroughly enjoyed exploring places like this," I explain, and receive a hug from behind from Colby.

"Also shoutout to EllaJosieTrash on Twitter, she sent Jo the sweetest message and it literally made her cry, not in a bad way though. But yeah, shoutout to you," Colby says and I laugh.

"Yes, shoutout to you. I do read your guys messages by the way, and I will start trying to respond to as many as I can, and ..." I get an idea and look at Colby, who gives me a look.

"And I just decided I will start my own channel. God, so much is going through my brain right now," I say and Colby laughs.

"By the time this video is posted her YouTube link will be in the bio, so go subscribe!" Colby says, and I laugh. We end the video and I turn to look at him.

"I will start my own channel," I say, and smile.

"Ella would be proud," he says, and pulls me in for a hug.

***

"Hey guys," I say into my new camera I bought, and smile, "Welcome to my new YouTube channel. I am not sure what I will be doing yet exactly, but I hope you guys will enjoy the content?" I say, which was more of a question than a comment. I laugh and run a hand through my hair.

"I'll probably do mostly vlogs, and will most likely collaborate with my boyfriend Colby often," I say smiling. He walks into the room as I say that sentence, and I motion for him to join me.

"Speaking of which, Colby has decided to join us," I say, and he laughs.

"Yes I have! Subscribe to me, I'm better," he says and jumps up before I could attack him.

"Don't listen to him, I am the better one," I say winking to the camera. I film an outro and pull out my laptop to start editing. I choose to sit on Colby's bed, and listen to Ariana Grande while I edit. I don't make any huge sound effects or anything quite yet since I was new to the whole ordeal. It was soon 9:30 pm, and I finally finished editing. I filmed a boomerang on my phone for my Instagram story and wrote 'done with first vid!' On the video. I post the boomerang as Colby comes in with a giant pizza in his hand.

"Well, what's this for?" I question, and scoot over so he could sit next to me.

"Celebrating your new job," he says smiling, and opens the pizza. The smell overwhelmed me and I grabbed a slice hungrily. We hear a timid knock at the door and then it opens, revealing Devyn and Kat.

"Hi, we smelled pizza," Devyn says and I laugh.

"You guys can have a slice, but shh," I say winking, and they nod, taking their slices and leaving. Colby opens his laptop to Netflix and scrolls through until he finds AHS, per usual.

"Ah, I have missed this," I say as the show starts, and lean my body into his a little bit.

"Me too. You do not know how sad and bored I was while you were in Australia," he says, and I nod.

"I could say the same thing," I comment, and grab another slice of pizza. This was where I belonged, with Colby and food and Netflix. It felt as if life was starting to take a turn for the better, despite all the events that occurred over the past six months. I just hoped everything would continue going uphill.