29

I went back into myself for the next fucking week. I wanted to do things, I wanted to move on, hell I was going on three weeks of grief. But it felt as if it settled on my heart and it wasn't going away anytime soon. Colby had left for the day with Sam to videotape an overnight video with Elton, which I had opted out of. I decided to do a YouTube video while they were gone, and do like a 'Driving with Josie' type video. Since Colby rode with Sam and Elton in Sam's car, I grabbed the keys to Colby's car and got in, propping my camera up. I started the camera, and forced a smile.

"Hey guys, Josie here. Today I will be driving around and just talking, and I will probably get food," I say and laugh, "Anyway let's get going," I say, and put the car in drive and drive away and start down the street.

"So, I am currently in Colby's fabulous car filming this, speaking of which I should probably call him and let him know I have his car," I say, and dial Colby. While the phone was ringing, I told the camera to not do this at home.

"Hey, babe," he says, "everything alright?"

"Yeah babe, um I am doing a YouTube video and I am driving your car," I say and smile.

"Alright, I'm glad you are out. You have fun, okay?" He says, and I smile.

"Will do, love you," I say.

"Love you too," he says, and I swear I could hear his smile through the phone before he hung up.

"God, I love him," I say to the camera, and see a McDonalds. I pull up into the drive through and roll down my window to order.

"Hello, what would you like?" A young woman says, and I scrunch my nose up trying to decide what to order.

"Um, large fries, medium coke, and twenty piece nuggets," I say.

"Okay, 6.50 at the window," she says, and I pull up to the window.

"Oh my god, you're Josie!" She says, then spots my camera and waves to it.

"Haha, yeah!" I say, letting a smile form on my face.

"Oh my god, I can't believe this! I'm Kip," she says, and holds her hand out.

"Nice to meet you!" I say, then turn to the camera.

"You guys, this is Kip, come to this McDonalds cause she's so cute," I say, and she holds a hand over her heart.

"You are literally so sweet wow," she says, and I smile. I hand her the cash, and when she hands back my change I ask her a question.

"Can I get your instagram?" I ask, and she nods excitedly. She writes it down and hands me the paper.

"Thank you so much!" She says.

"No, thank you!" I say, and pull up to the next window to grab my food. Once I get it I dig right into my fries.

"Well guys, I think I just made a new friend and I am living for it," I say, and drive out of the drive through, "it definitely hurts though, I mean Ella and I were best friends since we were 18, and I am turning 21 next month, which is absolutely crazy. I'm definitely open to making new friends, I just don't want to forget her," I say absently as I wait at a red light.

"So guys, this is actually kind of fun and I am kinda here for these driving videos even thought its my first one, so comment below if I should do these more often, and maybe I can get Colby to join me on one," I say, as I pull back into my driveway.

"Well, that's it for today, thanks for watching and I will see you all next week," I say, smiling to the camera then shutting it off. I get out of the car and put Colby's keys back where I found them. I put on another one of Colby's hoodies and a pair of leggings and grabbed an extra blanket and snuggled onto Colby's bed. I downloaded the video on my laptop and then remembered Kip gave me her instagram. I found her account and followed her, then began editing my video. There wasn't much to edit, except for awkward pauses that were pretty frequent. I have to admit I did forget I was filming a lot while making the video. Halfway through cutting out all the awkward pauses, I get a call from Colby. I pick it up and put him on speaker.

"Hey, babe," I say, and I am greeted with a yell.

"Hey, Josie!" Someone who I think was Sam answered.

"Sam?" I questioned, and I hear more yells in the back, as well as a 'Sam give it back' from what I had to think was Colby.

"Sorry, babe," colby says, and I laugh.

"No worries, is same good?" I question, and receive a laugh from Colby.

"Yeah, just high on life," he says, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Not actually high, right?" I ask, and he laughs.

"No," he says, and I smile.

"Alright, well be safe babe," I say, and I swear I could hear him nodding on the other end of the line.

"Of course, I'll be home around 6am," he says, and I nod to myself.

"Okay," I say, and we hang up, leaving me to finish editing. Three quarters of the way through, I felt my eyelids grow heavy, and didn't realize I had fallen asleep until I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder.

"Hey, Jo," I hear Colby say, and notice he had squatted down next to the bed. I squint at him then back to my laptop. I saved my progress and closed my laptop, putting it at the end of the bed. I flop backwards and cover y face with my hands.

"Hey, Col," I finally say, and he sits on the bed next to me, gently stroking my hair back.

"How was your driving?' He asked, and I smiled.

"Really fun. Next time I do one you are coming with," I say, and he smiles and nods. He leans down and presses a kiss to my lips then stands. He grabs a fresh pair of clothes and leaves the room. I hear him turn on the shower, and I figured I would change now. I put on a oversized tee shirt that I tied in the front and a pair of ripped black jeans. I brush out my hair as Colby comes in, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my neck gently.

"What are your plans for the day?" He asks, and I shrug.

"I dont know, I just thought I would maybe feel more motivated to actually do something today," I say laughing, and he smiles and gives me a hug. I am one lucky girl.