27

I quickly send a text to Colby, asking him where he was. I lock my phone and wait for a response by reading some of the comments on the video I posted. Many were so friendly, and there were only a handful of hate comments. I closed my laptop when he responded, and almost laughed out loud at his response.

Colby 💕 - McDonalds

Me - LMAO CAN I JOIN U

Colby💕 - come on over :))

I run back up to Devyn's room and close the door behind me.

"Can I borrow your car?" I ask.

"Why not Colby's?" She questions, and I give her a look. She makes an 'O' shape with her mouth and tosses me her keys. I mouth thank you and sneak out the door to her car. I get in and drive away to the closest McDonald's to here, and saw Colby's car as I pulled in. I parked next to him and entered, and saw him sitting with a tray full of fries and nuggets talking to his vlog camera.

"And here She is," he says and I laugh, taking a seat and taking a fry as well.

"Hello, folks," I say, and take a chicken nugget.

"Does Sam know you and I are here?" He asks, and it is then I see a stack of Oreos on the tray as well. I shake my head no and take an Oreo.

"Mukbangggg," I say, and feel my phone vibrate. I look at it and have to stop myself from snorting from laughing so hard.

Sam - I saw u drive away. In Devyn's car. WHERE ARE YOU AND COLBY AND WHERE ARE MY OREOS

Me - ur Oreos are delicious

Sam - NO NO NO

I show Colby my phone and he laughs out loud, pulling out his own and FaceTiming him.

"Guess where we are man!" He says, and shows off the restaurant and me, taking a bite out of an Oreo.

"No, my precious Oreos," Sam says, and holds a hand to his heart.

"Sorry Sam, couldn't resist," I say, and Colby takes the last Oreo and bites it right next to the microphone.

"Oreo ASMR," Colby says, and Sam looks away from the camera.

"I don't need to see my precious cookies being devoured by you Colby," Sam says, and I take a sip of the large coke Colby also brought. I sip loudly on purpose then lean towards the phone.

"Gotta get a sip of this to help wash down those delicious Oreos,"I say smirking, and eat another couple fries. Sam hangs up on us and I laugh.

"This is why your my girlfriend," he says and I blush, tilting my head and eating another chicken nugget.

"Love you colbssss," I say, and blow a kiss from across the short table.

"Love you too, Jo," he says, catching my kiss just like I had done at the airport when I left for Australia.

***

We drive back after spending thirty more minutes at McDonalds, and I hang out with Devyn while Colby edits the video.

"You guys are cruel," Dev comments when I tell her about calling Sam.

"It was so funny, though," I say, and Devyn opens her laptop.

"Wanna watch mean girls with me?" She asks, and I nod excitedly and sit down next to her. I also text Kat to come over to watch with us, and she came right over. We propped Dev's laptop up at the foot of her bed and we all lay on our stomachs. Halfway through the movie Corey comes in, gives us one look, and leaves, causing us all the burst into laughter.

"I love that movie so much," i say as we finish around midnight.

"Right?" Dev says, closing her laptop. I yawn and stand up, saying goodnight to the girls then going to Colby's room, where he was putting is laptop to the side. I grab comfortable clothes from the closet and walk to the bathroom to shower. I showered for about ten minutes then stepped out, drying my hair with one and wrapping another around me. I change and grab a comb to brush out my hair, then took a makeup remover wipe over my face to wipe off makeup that didn't come off in the shower. I leave my hair down and leave the bathroom, jumping on the bed next to Colby. I snuggled under the blankets, and he kissed my forehead.

"So, what did you do this afternoon?" He asks as I open my phone.

"Watched mean girls," I say, and he nods.

"I heard that was a funny movie," he says, and my jaw drops.

"You haven't seen it?" I ask, and he looks at me and shakes his head.

"No," he says, and I look at him in disbelief.

"It's only the most iconic movie ever made," I say, and sit up in bed.

"Oh really?" He asks, and I nod.

"You see Ariana Grande's music video for Thank U, Next?" I ask, and he nods.

"Yeah, Devyn had it playing earlier," he says.

"That first third of it was based off mean girls. I can't believe you haven't seen it!" I say, and lay back on the bed.

"I'll watch it tomorrow while you are out with Ella's parents," he says. My heart sinks, I totally forgot we were going to go over Ella's funeral.

"Right," I say, and his face drops.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, and I shake my head.

"It's okay, I'm sure it will be okay," I say, and look at him with a smile.

"Me too, and when you come back we can talk about mean girls," he says, and kisses my head. I fall asleep quickly, and knew I didn't want to wake up in the morning.