Chapter 12 - Message

Wayne didn't think he'd been this upset since Prince died. Jason is being more affectionate with Glenn in public now, especially at work, and it's making Wayne furious. It's like he'd been bitten by a love bug. But he'd also been more aggressive verbally towards Wayne, which he doesn't mind too much. His aggression really flared up when James would show up to the theater, which he seems to be making a habit of just to piss off Jason.

    As if summoned by Wayne's thoughts, James casually enters the front doors of the theater with a broad smile. Glenn almost immediately scurries to the backroom, likely to avoid James. He shoots Wayne a glance before he disappears around the corner.

    Wayne signs in to the nearest register and waits for James to come to him.

"How can I help you?"

    "I'm not here for a movie today."

    Taken aback, Wayne blinks, losing his train of thought. Thankfully, James continues before he can speak again. "Is Glenn around?"

    Wayne hesitates. Either he missed Glenn retreating or he's playing dumb. "Yes. Why?"

    "Can I talk to him?"

    "He just went on break."

    "Hm. Convenient."

    "Is there something I can help you with?"

    "Maybe. Are you close with Jason?"

    Wayne's cheeks warm as the blood rushes to them. "I—uh kind of, yeah."

    "Great, maybe you can help me then. He's not around is he?"

    "No, not yet. He won't be in until later tonight."

    "Fantastic. Could you give him a message for me?"

    Wayne shrugs. "I guess so."

    "Tell him I'm going to be a pain in the ass for awhile. Also tell Glenn I said hello." James turns to leave, taking a step, but stops. "One more thing. What's your name?"

    "Wayne."

    "Wayne. I expect you to pass my message along. I'll know if you don't. Oh, before I forget, there's something I want you to give to Glenn for me."

    Wayne furrows his eyebrows in confusion, wary of the mischievous glint in James' eyes. "Which is what?" Before Wayne can process what's happening, James reaches across the counter, grabbing hold of Wayne's chin and plants a hard kiss on his lips. James saunters out without another word. Wayne watches him leave as he stands at the register, utterly speechless.

    Glenn cautiously peeks around the corner after he hears the front door click shut. His gaze sweeps the lobby. "Is he gone?"

    "Uh—yeah, yeah he's gone. He was looking for you."

    "I figured as much." The two boys fall silent as they start working again.

    Not ten minutes later, Jason arrives, and his features brighten immediately when he lays eyes on Glenn. He pulls him in for a lingering kiss before escorting him out the backdoor when he clocks out. When he comes back, Wayne is waiting for Jason in the office. Jason's eyebrows furrow together.

    "Need something? He crosses his arms over his chest and leans back against the door.

    "One of your friends came by. James?"

    Jason immediately tenses. "He didn't talk to Glenn, did he?"

    "No, but he had a message for you. He said that he was going to be a pain in the ass for awhile."

    "God dammit." Jason slams his palm against the door behind him.

    "And he kissed me."

    Jason slowly turns his head towards Wayne. "He what?"

    "He asked me to pass it along to Glenn..." Wayne trails off, becoming increasingly more nervous at Jason's reddening face.

    "Well?" Jason's voice became eerily calm.

    "What?"

    "Well did you?"

    Wayne cowers. "No, of course not."

    Jason visibly relaxes slightly, though his skin is still an angry shade of red. He lets out a breath in a huff. "Well. Looks like I'll need to relieve some stress tonight. Are you up for staying late?"

    Wayne nods. He didn't trust his voice not to waver if he audibly agreed.

    "Good. I've got something in mind I want to try."

    Wayne takes a deep breath before he responds. "And what would that be?"

    Jason smiles. "Are you familiar with flogging?"