Chapter 7 : Here, let me help you

Hey everyone! 👋🏻
How are you guys doing?
Here's the new chapter 💘

"Hey, little sis. How about I drop you off at school, today?" Mia offered while grabbing her keys from the kitchen table.

"Hey. Yea. Sure." I gave her a warm smile.

"Mom? We're gonna go now." I said while kissing her on the forehead.

"Be careful."

"Okay, mom."

We got out of the house and I climbed into the passenger's seat. Mia started the engine and we rode to school. The weather today was very nice although it was kind of chilly. I rolled the windshield down while taking in the beautiful view.

Mia entered the school property and I got out of the vehicle. I waved her goodbye and went inside the school building. I saw Adam and Derin walking towards me from the school hallway.

"Hey, Camila. How are you doing?" Derin asked with a cheerful expression on her face.

"Hey. I'm okay. Everything's fine." I decided to go with that for now.

"Hey, Adam." I smiled at him.

"Hey. Shall we go? We've got 10 minutes left before class started." he looked at his watch.

"Let's go."

We headed towards our lockers and grabbed the books for our first period of the day. When I closed my locker, the thought of him came back to me so suddenly. I was drifted off to an unknown land before Derin pulled me from my thought.

"Camila, are you okay?" she grabbed my arm.

I looked her in the eye before answering. "Yea. I'm okay." I faked a smile.

"Alright. We're all set. Let's go." we walked to class together.

Adam, Derin and I took English literature together. It was the only subject that we got to sit with one another in class. I persuaded them to sit at the back and finally they gave in. We took our sits and prepared ourselves before the lessons began.

As we were waiting for everyone to settle down, my eyes landed on the handsome but rude boy with blue eyes again. Oh my God! What's he doing in here? Great! He's taking science and English literature with me. How cool is that?

"Camila!" Derin squeezed my hand which nearly made me jumped out of my seat.

"Derin! You nearly gave me a heart attack. What is it?" I scowled at her.

"Is that him? Is that really him?" she whispered to me while pointing towards him who was sitting in front of me.

"Well, you're not wrong." I rolled my eyes.

"What is he doing in here?"

"Derin. It's pretty clear that he's taking English literature with us. Surprised?" I threw my hands in the air.

"Good luck with that." she rolled her eyes while taking out her notebook.

After 5 minutes later, Mrs. Melek came in and the lessons began. I wasn't regretting the fact that I decided to take a sit at the back because if I didn't persuade them to sit at the back with me, I might as well be dead.

Every once in a while, my eyes seemed to have a mind of their own as they traveled from Mrs. Melek to Justin's back. I could see the toned muscles on his back under the thin fabric of his shirt when he leaned forward. He was a muscular guy and I couldn't resist the fact that he was indeed the perfect build for an athlete.

Astaghfirullah! What's wrong with you, Camila? Stop it! Allahu. Please forgive me. I should've used my eyesight wisely and not for some boy. I need to stop this nonsense.

Mrs. Melek gave us a task to work on. Each of us were given different titles and mine was 'The Age Of Novels'. The title focused on the rise of the novels during the eighteenth century. I would have to go to the library for this task. After we were dismissed, I walked out of the class and excused myself from Adam and Derin to go to the library to work on my task.

The library was redbrick, Victorian. I went inside and saw seven students were sitting at the tables with their laptops and books in front of them. Row after row of neatly lined up books and colour coded with dots. I walked along the aisle to search for a book which was related to my title.

Finally, I found the book that I was searching for but it was on the top shelf and I couldn't reach it even when I was on my tiptoes. I tried to jumped for it but a long arm reached out for it first and handed it over to me. I glanced over at the person and it was him again. Crap! What's his problem? What do I do? Run?