Chapter 40 : I'm ready

Camila's POV

I finally arrived home at 10.50 p.m which means I have 10 minutes left to present myself at home. I quickly got out of his car and went sprinting towards the front door. I unlocked it and went inside.

"Hey, little sis. Did you have fun?" Mia asked while flipping through a magazine on the couch.

"Yea. It was fun. Where's mom?"

"Oh, she's already asleep." Mia smiled.

"Well, I'm tired. I think I'm gonna go upstairs now." I said.

"Wait! What about that Justin of yours?" she asked, her eyebrows rose.

"What about him?" I tried not to tell her anything.

"I mean did you..." she trailed off, her eyes were glowing with curiosity.

"Yea...We are friends if that's what you're asking."

"That's good then." she nodded.

"Goodnight, Mia." I said while heading upstairs to my room.

"Goodnight." she called and focused back on the magazine.

I entered my room and let myself fell onto the bed. I glanced up to the ceiling and found myself biting my lip when the thought of Justin came across my mind. Did he just say that he loves me? Did he really mean it?

A while later, I sat up and reached for the velvet box in the drawer. I took it out and opened the box slowly. I grabbed the necklace and held it in front of my face. The letter 'J' was the first thing that caught my eye as it was made out of diamonds. It was so luxurious. Gee. He would spend his money on me for this?

I took the necklace with me and started walking towards the vanity table to look at the mirror. I held each end of the necklace with my fingers, slid it over my head and closed the clasp. The letter 'J' was hanging perfectly around my neck.

"It's perfect." I whispered to myself while holding the locket. I looked at myself in the mirror and the necklace fitted me very well.

It took me a few moments until I realized that I was actually wearing the necklace around my neck. Am I really going to wear this? If I am, it means that I'm ready to be with him. Do I even love him? And does he truly love me? Or is it just a lie? Those thoughts came flooding through my mind all at once.

"I mean he did say that he's falling in love with me and he said 'I love you' just now." I mumbled to myself.

I heard my phone buzzing on the bed. I reached for it and saw a text from Justin. I unlocked it to read his text.

Hey! Do you have plans for tomorrow? If you don't, I'm gonna take you somewhere special. You don't have to worry about being alone with me cause I've already told Adam to come with us and he's gonna bring Derin along with him. Are you coming?
- Justin

Oh my God! Really? He had already told Adam to join in. Not to mention Derin. Now what? I can't possibly say no and cancel everything. He's smart. I mean really smart. He knows that I'm not gonna say no. I don't have a choice. Shit!

You are sneaky after all. Fine! I'll come. I hate you, you know that? Where are you gonna take me anyway?

You're gonna find it out tomorrow, babe. Don't worry about it. You hate me? Well, I love you. I'm gonna be picking you up at 10 in the morning.
- Justin

The 'I love you' shit again? Is he for real?

Could you stop with the 'I love you' shit? How do I know that you even mean it? Can you prove that you truly love me or something?

I hate to break it to you but I'm afraid I can't, babe. You're still gonna hear it from me whether you like it or not and I truly mean it. You still don't believe me after what happened in the car earlier? I can prove it if you let me.
- Justin

If I let you? What does that supposed to mean?

You know what I mean. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, beautiful! ❤️
- Justin

Fine. Goodnight, jerk! 😘

I placed my phone on the bedside table and changed into my pyjamas. I rested my head on the pillow and made myself comfortable. My eyes were getting heavier and heavier.

I placed my hand on the locket and traced the letter 'J' carefully with my index finger. My mind was battling whether I'm making the right decision or not. But...After all we've been through. He gave me a ride home almost every day after school. We spent a lot of time together at school and went for a movie night.

I closed my eyes before whispering to myself, "I'm ready." with my hand still on the locket. Before I knew it, I was drifted off to sleep.