Chapter 58 : She is still your mother

"Don't you dare call her a bitch, mom! She's my girlfriend and you have to respect her." he shouted right in her face.

"Respect? You're talking about respect now. Have you forgotten what a person like her did to our family?"

"Your father was an asshole and left you and me with what? Nothing! Because of what? Because of a bitch that we called a Muslim!" he shouted back at her with bulging eyes. The veins were pulsing in her temple and neck.

"For your information, dad loves me. You're the one who incited me to rebel against dad! Shame on you, mom."

"Is that so? What do you want from me anyway? You want me to give you and your perfect little girl my blessing so that you two can be together?" she said sarcastically.

"Yes. That's why I brought her here. You can't live in fear forever, mom. I love her and I would do anything to be with her." he practically challenged her.

"How dare you?! Are you out of your mind? You wanna be with her? Of course!" she threw her hands in the air.

"But over my dead body, Justin Walker." she crossed her arms, enlightening her tone.

"Whatever, mom."

"You've never been there for me anyway. I gotta learn how to take care of myself since I was 10. You chose to be with your friends rather than taking care of your only child at home. That's what you are. You never cared and you never will." he enlightened his tone as well.

"How dare you?!" she yelled with both of her hands on her side.

"You know what? This is bullshit! I'm gonna finish this once and for all!" she yelled once more and her face began turning red.

"You little shit!" she shouted at me. She gave me her deadliest glare and started closing the gap between us and before I knew it, she had already raised her hand up in the air to slap me.

That was it, my thought was right. She was going to slap me. I was feeling that something is gonna go completely wrong since Justin had told me that we're gonna meet his mother soon.

I stood there with my eyes closed, obviously waiting for the impact to hit me right in my face but nothing actually happened. I opened my eyes and saw Justin was holding her mother's hand up firmly.

He hardly pushed her mother's hand away from me which made her nearly fell onto the floor.

"Don't you dare touch her, mom!" he shouted in her face, clenching his jaw. The great flame of anger was burning in his eyes.

Her eyes grew wider and her jaw dropped once again at his son's brave action. Me myself didn't expect that Justin would dare to do what he just did to his mother. He would probably hurt his own mother just to protect me? I didn't mean for any of this to happen and I definitely don't wanna ruin their relationship.

"What has got into you, Justin? This isn't you." her eyes began to water as well.

"Nothing is wrong with me. If you accepted Camila earlier when I told you that she's my girlfriend, none of this would have happened, mom." he clarified.

"Justin, please listen to me. Your father had made a big mistake marrying his Muslim wife. I don't want you to make the same mistake as he did. We can still fix this." she practically begged her son.

"I don't wanna lose you too." she pleaded with gleaming eyes, closing the gap between Justin and her, close enough to touch his face.

"No, mom." he jerked her hand away just before she could touch his cheek.

"I didn't ask much from you. I just wanted you to accept her as my girlfriend. That's all I'm asking from you, mom." he said, still with his angry frown on his face. He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer towards his chest.

"Justin..."

"Mom, please." he cut her off before she could even say a word to him.

"Please don't make me choose between you and Camila." he stared down at her, pressing his lips firmly together.

Out of the blue, she collapsed and instantly bursted into tears right in front of us. She kneeled down and begged for Justin to let me go but he didn't even look at her. For a moment, I felt sorry for her and tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"Let's go, Camila." he demanded, grabbing my arm and pulling me without ignoring his mother who was crying on the floor.

"We're leaving, mom." he informed her before opening the front door and led me out of the mansion.

Justin and I got out of the house but he still didn't let go of my arm. We went from hoping to get her blessing to him screaming at his mother like crazy. This isn't what I expected to happen. This is way out of my imagination.

We reached the car, he dug out the keys from his pocket and opened the door to the passenger's seat for me. I got in and he closed the door. He jogged over to the other side and climbed into the driver's seat.

He started the engine and started driving afterwards. We rode in silence for a few minutes before he interrupted me.

"Are you okay?" he interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm okay." I forced a smile on my face.

"I'm sorry for what happened between you and your mother. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I'm so sorry." I apologised, plunging my eyebrows together.

"What are you talking about, Camila? You don't have to apologise for what happened back there. I didn't imagine that she would be a mad woman as soon as she laid her eyes on you. I was the one who made the decision to bring you home to see her. Stupid!" he shook his head in disbelief.

"Thank you for defending me. I couldn't imagine what would happen to me if you weren't there." I dropped my gaze.

"Hey? Remember what I promised you?" he asked, glancing over at me.

"I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you as long as you're with me." his blue eyes met mine.

"Justin?" I whispered his name and he looked over at me.

"Don't you think what you did to your mother was too much?" I asked, lowering my voice.

"Camila. Do you even hear yourself? She was the one who about to slap you. You're lucky that I was just in time to stop her from hurting you."

"But..."

"I'm not gonna let anything like that happen ever again. Not to you. She was the one who crossed the line. So don't try to calm me down, Camila." he raised his voice. He was probably still pissed about what happened back there. I better shut up before he loose it. SHUT UP!

We finally reached my house at 11.30 a.m and Justin pulled into the driveway. I unclasped my seatbelt but didn't make a move to get out of the car. I just leaned against the seat and looked forward.

"What's bothering you?" he frowned.

"This is not right." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"What?"

"We can't be together. Don't you see? Your relationship with your mother is ruined because of me." my voice was getting shaky, tears began rolling down my cheeks.

"No, Camila. If I had to, I would choose you over her." his tone was soft, but he was masking his anger.

I turned to the other side and opened the door slowly. Before I climbed out of the car, I turned my head around to face him, "Just remember that she's still your mother."

After I said that, I closed the door and I heard him rolling down the window but I didn't turn around to face him or wave him goodbye. I just kept walking until I reached the door and went inside. My head is spinning around and I can't see clear no more.