Chapter 24 : You're biting your lip

Hey my beloved readers! 👋🏻
We've already reached 1K reads and 207 votes today 💕
I wanna thank you guys so much for reading and also voting for this book 🌸
I love you guys so much! ❤️

We spent most of our time after that with much chit-chat and laughter in the library. We talked about all kinds of things until we didn't even realize time passed by in a blink of an eye and before I knew it, it was time to go home.

"Shit! It's already late. I have to go." I took a glance at my watch and stood up.

"Let me give you a ride home." he offered with a smile.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"C'mon. Don't be like that. It's the least I can do for you." he insisted and I gave in.

"Okay." I said and we walked together towards the exit.

Justin and I made our way towards the parking lot and he unlocked his car. I climbed into the passenger's seat and he started the engine. I gave him the directions to my house and he began to drive afterwards.

"So...what does your mom do?" I asked, hoping to reduce the awkwardness of being silent to one another.

"You mean..." he asked, genuinely confused.

"I mean your house was practically a mansion." I blurted.

"I see. Well. My mother once ran a business with my father before they got divorced. That's why she could afford such a high living standard." he simplified.

The word 'divorced' made me wanted to know more about his parents. Damn it! Why can't I just keep my mouth shut?

"Divorced? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." he cut me off before I could say another word.

"It's okay, Camila. It's a long story anyway. I didn't talk about it much. I'm completely fine without my father." he replied and there was that familiar sting in his voice.

"I understand." I whispered, biting my lip nervously.

"You're biting your lip." his voice was husky and he was eyeing me speculatively. Great! I didn't know he would catch that.

"I thought you didn't catch that." I dropped my gaze, embarrassed.

"I did. You're cute." a shy smile slipped out and I found myself blushing when he said that. Justin Walker thinks I'm cute? Please. This gotta be one of his bad jokes again.

"Sure." I filled my voice with sarcasm and shook my head.

"Hey. I mean it, okay?" he glanced over at me.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, this is it." I pointed towards my house with my index finger.

Justin pulled into my parents driveway and I thanked him for the ride. When I was about to step out of the car, he said something to me.

"That's it?" he asked, a flirtatious smile formed on his lips.

"What? I already said thank you." I asked, confused.

"I might be drunk last night but you still owe me a kiss." he smirked.

"Oh my God! What's wrong with you?"

"What?"

"Can you stop with this shit? Unbelievable!" I shook my head in disbelief and began walking towards the front door.

"I'll get that kiss one day." he shouted loud enough for me to hear it. Seriously? Does he want the whole neighbourhood to hear it?

I didn't stop for him and kept walking until I reached the door. I unlocked it and went inside. I picked through the window and saw his car pulled out of the driveway. He was out of sight afterwards.

***************

I put on my pink polka dot pyjamas and got ready for bed. I tied my hair into a bun before resting my head on the fluffy pillow. When I was snuggling myself in bed, I heard my phone buzzing on the bedside table. I sighed and grabbed it. I saw a text from Justin. What a surprise!

I'm gonna bite that lip one day!
Goodnight, love <3
- Justin

Oh my God! He still can't forget the biting my lip scene? Now he wants to bite my lip too. How can he be so flirty yet apathetic and contemptuous at the same time?

I need to get rid off this weird feelings towards him. I'm a Muslim and he on the other hand is not. That's why we don't go together. Yes! That's it. Don't put your hope so high or you'll be hitting the ground when this thing ends, Camila.

I sighed once more and placed my phone back onto the bedside table. I pulled the comforter tighter around my small body and began to clear my mind off of things that I didn't care about. I was sound asleep before I knew it.