SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. shopping spree !

— AFTER A COUPLE DAYS WENT BY, Anthony was beginning to see why Bella was so worried about Edward

AFTER A COUPLE DAYS WENT BY, Anthony was beginning to see why Bella was so worried about Edward.

Tony had been sitting with the Cullens every afternoon at lunch and was loving the comfort the family provided. Most of the time he'd have one arm wrapped around Alice and be leaned back against Jasper, who didn't seem to mind the extra weight.

But in the corner of his mind he could always feel Isabella's stares, and he was well aware why.

Edward hadn't been seen at school since Bella voiced her concerns about him to Tony.

Tony never asked, specifically, where the boy was because frankly he could care less. So he took the answer of 'he's out of town, dealing with some personal stuff' with a grain of salt. Eventually he chalked it up to Bella's somewhat obsessive paranoia and continued on his way.

Now, the first week of the Swan's first semester at Forks high school has passed and it's Saturday, January 22nd and Anthony sits on the front steps of his childhood home in wait. His phone buzzed in his hand.

Alice
Hey, I swear I'll be there soon I had to borrow Emmett's car

Tony
No worries hun, is Emmett okay with us using his jeep?

Alice
He will be, ill be there in about 10-15 minutes

Anthony decided that the message didn't need a response so he simply turned off his phone and shoved it into the pocket of his jacket, adjusting the red umbrella in his right hand.

Forks, as predicted, was experiencing some light rainfall and was expected to continue when Alice and Anthony got to Port Angeles. He wasn't gonna let that stop him from enjoying a day out with his potential best friend.

Suddenly Anthony let out a hideous barking cough, his oversized sleeve covering the hand that fled to his mouth.

The air was cold and Tony was sure that if it wasn't raining, his coughing fit would have appeared before him in the form of mist.

His heaving chest and short breaths were what caught the attention of Bella as she stepped outside.

"Oh my god, Tony! Tony, are you- are you okay?" Isabella sat down left of him on the dampened steps with lightning speed, a hand on his back.

Tony waved her off quietly, still struggling to catch his breath.

"I'm fine," he croaked. "It's fine Bella, I'm used to it."

Anthony took a large gasp and cleared his throat with a sigh while Bella scoffed.

"Well I'm not." She stated. The silence that followed was almost deafening, as if the sound of the rain hitting pavement had been amped up to a hundred.