TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. so not emotionally ready !

— ANTHONY COULDN'T DENY BEING TIRED IN THE MORNING, because he most definitely was

ANTHONY COULDN'T DENY BEING TIRED IN THE MORNING, because he most definitely was. Though, as he brushed his teeth and squinted in the light of the bathroom, he reminded himself that it was his own fault and the circles under his eyes were a simple repercussion.

When Bella joined him, grabbing her toothbrush with messy hair, Tony couldn't help but notice the way her hands shook as she went through with her morning routine.

No doubt she'd found out what the Cullens were.

Tony wanted to say something, maybe reassure her that the Cullens weren't as bad as she thought. But she never mentioned it to him, so he didn't bother and looked the other way when she dropped her toothbrush in the sink.

Maybe it'd sound better coming from a Cullen anyway.

Though he was slightly upset that Isabella wasn't sharing what she'd found. Especially with him.

Though in the back of his mind he knew she was going to confront Edward instead.

Anthony desperately wished he could hate Edward for getting so close to Bella, but after spending so many lunches with the boy it was like he couldn't find it in himself.

They respected each other in a way, and Tony mulled over that thought as he ate his cereal and watched Isabella busy herself with cleaning dishes that had been left in the sink.

There was a slight mist over Forks after it had rained the overnight. It gave the area a calm and slightly creepy atmosphere.

Then Tony looked out the window into the dampened world. It was all greens and blacks and muddy browns. As it always was.

Until a new colour came into his line of sight, cherry red. It pulled up in front of the house and stopped.

Anthony, having been finished his cereal, took the bowl and put it in the sink before grabbing his school bag and rushing to put on his shoes and get out the front door.

Once his vision wasn't being obstructed by the fog covered window, as he closed the front door behind him the cherry red blob became Rosalie's convertible.

When Tony approached it, two women got out of the car.

"Hey Tony!" Alice greeted as she rushed to hop out and greet her best friend with a tight hug.

"Hey there, Angel." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her momentarily before also greeting Rosalie, who acknowledged him with a smile and tilt of her head.

"D'you wanna ride with Rosalie and I today?" Alice asked as she pulled away from the hug, gesturing to the convertible.

"I mean-" Tony began, turning back to the house and seeing his sister exiting from the front door. "Hey, Bells!"