THIRTY-FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. hospital room !

— ANTHONY SWAN GUESSED THAT BY NOW, he should be familiar with hospital sounds

ANTHONY SWAN GUESSED THAT BY NOW, he should be familiar with hospital sounds. The oxygen mask over his face causing his breath to sound hollow, the beeping heart rate monitor. He'd been stuck with them for at least four years of his life.

Yet when he woke up, this time felt different.

When he opened his eyes, all he saw was white. It blinded him for a moment, and he shut his eyes again before opening them and letting them refocus.

A standard hospital bed, with a window and some chairs.

Reaching up to take off the mask, he caught the attention of Rosalie, who sat up and closed her magazine. Reyes was sat on the floor, surrounded by feathers, but he looked up as Rosalie leaned forward to take Tony's hand in hers.

"Did I kill the bastard?" Anthony's ragged voice asked.

"No, but you broke his nose damn good." Emmett's voice stated as he entered the room, carrying three pudding cups and a few plastic spoons.

Tony smiled slightly, before noticing a pain in his cheek. Reaching a hand up, he felt the rough bandage that clung to his skin there, and then another closer to his hairline.

"That little bitch went right for the face, didn't he?"

Rosalie nodded with a tight smile.

"Alice and I had to pull you off each other, then you passed out." Rosalie stated.

Reyes spoke up from the floor with an annoyed tone, while Emmett stayed quiet and set the puddings on the table next to Anthony.

"I told you to keep your oxygen with you."

"It would have held me back."

"It would have saved you from passing out and waking up in a hospital." Reyes stressed.

Tony rolled his eyes slightly. In the back of his mind, he heard the whisper 'it was worth it' but decided not to voice it aloud, knowing that arguing with Reyes was not something he wanted or needed.

"Where is he?" Anthony tried to sit up but groaned as a pain flared up in his chest and his breathing became involuntarily hollowed.

Reyes scrambled to stand up, the feathers moving with the force of his rush.

"Breathe as properly as you can." He placed a hand on Tony's shoulder. "Build up of mucus can cause chest infections and that would not help you in the slightest."