EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. vampire, vampire !

— RIDING IN THE CAR WITH EDWARD WAS A SURPRISINGLY COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE

RIDING IN THE CAR WITH EDWARD WAS A SURPRISINGLY COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE. It just seemed like the Cullens had a calming effect on Anthony, which he welcomed with open arms.

The radio played almost silently, something classical that Tony probably wouldn't know the name of and the sound was almost drowned out by the buzz of the heater.

Normally, Anthony would hate this kind of warmth but his body seemed to have a mind of its own now a days. So he just shuffled farther into the blanket and watched Edward crank up the heat a bit more.

Anthony was oblivious to Edward monitoring him. The bronze haired boy glanced in the rear view mirror every two minutes and was listening in on the Swan's heartbeat constantly.

Tony was pretty sure by now it was less of a car and more of a sauna, but Edward didn't seem to mind so he let it be.

"Hey Eddie?" Anthony spoke finally, his voice sounding like that of a child's.

"Yeah, Tone?" Edward glanced in the rear view mirror again.

"What are you?" Tony asked. It was a loaded question, and now Edward knew that the Swans were on to him and his family.

"I don't understa-"

"Cut the crap, Edward. We're gonna find out anyway. That's why Bella came on this trip in the first place, she found a lead in a book of Quiluete legends. To be entirely honest though, I'd rather hear it from one of you."

Edward sighed heavily.

"I- I don't know if I should tell you. You and Bella, you would see us all differently." The Cullen explained. "And my family seems to have taken a liking to you. If you knew what we were, you might never want to see us again and I couldn't do that to Jasper and Alice."

Tony leaned forward a bit, realizing he hadn't buckled up his seatbelt.

"Eddie, Alice is a part of my life now, and I want Jasper to be part of it too." Tony said. "But how am I supposed to trust you when I don't even know what you are."

The Cullen turned into a different road and gripped the wheel tightly as he steadied the vehicle.

"We're... it's complicated."

"Edward I swear to- just fucking tell me already. Stop being such a tease. Wouldn't you rather I hear it from you then to jump to conclusions later?" Tony shuffled in his seat and glanced out the window at the slowly darkening sky.

"That's exactly what I told you about ten minutes ago." The boy behind the wheel tried to change the subject, awkwardly coughing.

"Edward." Tony warned.