TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. what i want to see !

— HANGING OUT WITH REYES WAS SURPRISINGLY NICE, Anthony would admit

HANGING OUT WITH REYES WAS SURPRISINGLY NICE, Anthony would admit. Every time the man spoke Tony was reminded of his friend back in Arizona.

Danny would worry over him constantly and just like with Daniel, Reyes and Anthony had an instant connection.

He saw that same glimmer in their eyes and kind edge in their accented voice.

Danny's accent might have been washed down slightly after years of staying in America, but the English in him was still there.

Spending time with Reyes made Tony a little home sick if he was being honest.

It'd be nice to see Danny again, for real and not just through a fuzzy computer screen. He missed Liv too, for that matter.

Though now he had to settle with chatting about animals and English traffic and why snow cones are a thing- because who had ever looked at coloured snow and thought eating it was a good idea.

It wasn't like Reyes had anything better to do. Being a school nurse wasn't quite as exciting as being in a real hospital.

Every once in a while Reyes would add a little question about Anthony's physical and mental state, gaining a deeper understanding of where Tony was at in his cancer.

He'd deemed so far, that Anthony needed more sleep and a better appetite. But it wasn't like Tony didn't already know this.

Their conversations were only halted when Jasper came in through the door with a text book in hand and his other in his pant's pocket.

"Hey Jazz." Anthony greeted.

Jasper nodded in hello and glanced at Reyes in confusion. Though for a moment the Cullen smiled, as he could feel Reyes' emotions. Concern, interest, optimism, admiration.

The blond could already tell Reyes wanted to help Anthony, so he decided to ignore the final mix of emotion he could sense as he and the Englishman locked eyes. Fear, surprise, anticipation.

"I-I should um- I should get back to work." Reyes stood up like lightening and went to move the chair back to its spot.

"Oh! Are you sure?" Anthony was sort of enjoying their chat.

"Yeah- I should- I should uh- get to doing... stuff." Reyes pointed behind him, unknowingly pointing at a wall.

Reyes stole a quick glance back up at Jasper before getting slightly more nervous.

This raised a bit of a red flag and despite the brilliant colour of said flag, Anthony still hadn't noticed how weird his new friend was acting.

But Jasper certainly had.