TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. how did you sleep ?

— AS ANTHONY DUCKED INTO ROSALIE'S CHERRY RED CONVERTIBLE, he situated his oxygen tank and backpack at his feet before pulling the purple rock out of his sweater pocket

AS ANTHONY DUCKED INTO ROSALIE'S CHERRY RED CONVERTIBLE, he situated his oxygen tank and backpack at his feet before pulling the purple rock out of his sweater pocket.

"D'you have any idea what this is?" He asked Rosalie before she had the chance to shift gears and start driving.

Rosalie's eyebrows furrowed as she examined the crystal.

"It's an amethyst." She stated, not knowing the purpose of the conversation as she turned her eyes to the road and started to move.

"That doesn't really answer my question." Anthony sighed as he fell back into his seat and buckled his seatbelt, still looking at the rock in his hand. "Have they ever been known to glow?"

Rosalie looked at him oddly.

"Yeah, I figured." He sighed. "It was lighting up like the Fourth of July about fifteen minutes ago."

Rosalie glanced at the side view mirror before answering.

"Maybe you should talk to Carlisle about it." She suggested.

Tony looked up confusedly.

"Why would I talk to Carlisle about it?" He asked, shoving the stone back into his pocket.

"He used to be part of the Volturi. If anyone were to know anything about glowing rocks, it'd be them." The blonde explained.

"Volturi is the vampire government and law, right?" Anthony checked.

Rosalie smiled proudly, "you remembered."

"Of course I did." Tony shrugged.

It was quiet for a moment before Anthony spoke up again.

"I realize I also didn't say hello, that was rude of me. Hello." He smiled and put his elbow against the car door, leaning his head into his hand.

Rosalie chuckled slightly.

"Hello, Tony."

"You are, as always, absolutely radiant today." Tony complimented.

"Was that a compliment or a pun about the glowing rock?" Rosalie side eyed him.

Anthony looked out the window as he laughed.

"A compliment."

"Well in that case, thank you."

Anthony just nodded in response.

The car continued on down the wet road.

"Why do you always do that?" Rosalie asked.