Chapter 34

🌻Kataleya 🌻

I went back to my bedroom so I can grab my phone and text my mom to see where she was at. I sat down on my bed looking out the window. Hopefully that man won't come back to hurt me or kill me. I don't want to die. Not now. Tre should of told me that he was hustler or kingpin. But tre don't even look like the kingpin type of guy. He look so nice and cute and sexy. God stop thinking about his body.

I sigh laying back down in my bed. Finally I got a text from my mom.

Mom- im outside talkin to the landlord

Why she talking to him? What's going on? I got up from my bed walking to the door. I open the door leaving the apartment going downstairs. Once I made it downstairs, I saw my mom talking to the landlord and his wife. That's when I saw the black Tahoe with tinted windows and rims sitting 20 feet away from them. Who is that?

"Mom"I called out. She looked at me then stick her finger out telling me to hold on. I kept my eyes on the truck still tryna see who it was. The truck window rolled down slowly. The saw the barrel of the gun sticking out the window aiming at my mom and the landlord.

"MOM!!!!"

BAW!! BAW!! BAW!!

Everything was a blur. I saw my mother running for cover but fell by the door. The landlord was protecting his wife while his wife laid on the ground crying. I quickly ran to my mom helping her inside the office. I look at the window seeing the man exit out the truck walking towards the landlord shooting him again.

"Leya, grab the gun out my purse"my mom spoke lowly. I sniffle knowing that she probably was shot and blood is running out of her. "Grab the gun now!"she semi yelled. I grabbed the gun out her purse turning it on. I cock the gun back aiming it at the door.

The man pulled on the door opening it. "Y'all thought y'all was sa....."

BAW!!BAW!!BAW!!

I drop the gun crying my eyes out. I stop down to the floor crawling to my mother holding her. "Mommy please don't leave me! Please!! Keep your eyes open!!"

"Leya. Put pressure on my abdomen"she winced in pain. I raised her shirt up seeing the bullet wound. "Did it exit?"

"I-I don't know"I sniffle. She had tears coming from her eyes. "Mom don't cry"I cried with her.

"We was sooo close Kataleya. I was just telling him that we was moving away from this bad place and now look where we at"she cried. The police sirens was near. I held on to my mom crying praying that she'll make it. "Leya if I don't make it...."

"Don't say that!!!"I yelled.

"Listen to me!!!"—"If I don't make it, take the money and leave Chicago forever. Don't come back for nothing"she said. She started breathing heavily. I hugged her one last time holding on to her.

"Ma'am, stand back"I heard a deep voice. The police pulled me off my mother as the EMTs helped my mother. I fought the police off me so I can stay close to my mother.

"She's still breathing!! We need to take her to the hospital now!!"the lady yelled out. The cop handcuffed laying my head on the ground. I cried, yelled, and kicked so much that I didn't have enough energy when two more cops came.

I watch as they put my mother in the truck and took off. The landlord body was laying on top his wife who was dead as well. The homicide team laid a sheet on top of them. I look down at the other guy who had a gun near him dead. I shot him. I kept saying in my head. The cop took me to the police car not even asking me questions.

Everyone was outside gasping at the scene. Gasping at me cause some people thought I did the crime. I was just tryna protect my mother who is probably dead by now.