Chapter 36

🌻Kataleya 🌻

"Ms.Kataleya, goes to that high school down the street, lives with only her mother, and her father was in the army"the detective spoke loudly outside the interrogation room. I sat back in my chair looking at the ceiling. They need to hurry up. I sigh heavily getting up from my chair walking to the door but stop once I realize my ankle was chained up.

"Shiiitttt"I mumble. Just then the door open revealing two detectives. I walk back to my seat sitting down. "Hello"

"Hi. I'm detective Charles this is detective Tommy"he held his hand out. I shook his hand and the other detective hand. They sat down coughing a bit. One of them sip on they coffee and cough again.

"Your throat dry?"I ask the detective. He smiled a bit chuckling.

"Kataleya can you tell me about yourself. I know your in high school, your mom was shot. Can you tell me what happened today? Did you know the man?"the detective ask.

"I didn't know that man"I mumble. I sniffle replying everything.

"Why was he there?"the other detective ask.

"I really don't know"I said.

"Can you start off what happened. Tell us about your day"

I sigh heavily remembering when me and trevante was together. I know that man sent his boy out to kill me and my mother. But what for? "My day started off good. My mom was getting ready for work this morning and I was getting ready for school"I said.

"What else?"

"I went to school and did my work, duh"—"after school, I called my boyfriend over....."they cut me off.

"Who's your boyfriend? Give me a name"

"Is it the guy that's outside looking for you? He was on the scene checking the bodies"

"His name is Trevante Rhodes and please don't interrupt me"I said with an attitude. "Anyways. He came over with food. We talked and ate and then he fell asleep on me. I woke him up trying to like have sex with him but he didn't want it cause he didn't see me like them other girls"I wiped my eyes. "I felt embarrassed and told him to leave and left. Well I thought he did cause some other guy who was his cousin came knocking on the door. I open it and he said 'are you trevante girlfriend' and I said yeah and he started talking about tre. That's when tre busted in the apartment telling his cousin to leave me alone....."

"What's his cousin name?"the detective ask.

"Arnold"I said. They eyes became big and looked at each other. "Is something wrong?"

"So you telling me that Arnold came to your apartment?"

"Yeah"

"How did he know where your apartment was?"the other detective ask.

"He said his boy told him where I stayed"I said.

"Okay continue your story"

"So when tre told Arnold to leave and don't come back, tre felt guilty for even coming to my place without knowing someone was watching him or told Arnold his location. Then tre left leaving me all alone"—"I texted my mom to see where she was cause it was getting kind of late. She texted me back and said she was outside talking to the landlord, I went outside to see what they was talking about and that's when I saw the black Tahoe"I sniffle.

"Did you seen that truck before?"the detective ask.

"Never in my life. I didn't know why he was parked there or at the apartment"I said. "I called my mom and she just waved at me. And that's when I saw the gun hanging out the window. He shot at the landlord who was protecting his wife and then my mom"tears came from my eyes. The detective handed me a tissue. "Thank you"I sniffle.

"I ran towards my mom cause she fell by the door so I helped her inside the office. I held on to her telling her to keep her eyes open and she did. She wanted me to see if there was a exit wound but I didn't know. And then she told me to get the gun and shoot the man cause he was coming towards us to finish us off. So I grab the gun and killed him"I wiped the tears away. I sniffle a bit looking up at the ceiling. "I didn't mean to kill him but he was gonna kill me and my mom if I didn't pull the trigger"

"Kataleya your not in trouble okay. You did the right thing by killing him. We had some run ins with him and not good ones, bad ones. We know Arnold and we think whatever Arnold and your boyfriend have against each other, Arnold wants your boyfriend dead and you as well"—"So if y'all want for us to protect y'all, we can do that"

"We good. We don't need protection"I said.

"You sure cause what if it happens again"the detective said.

"I know it won't happen again. We might move somewhere safer"I said. They both nodded their heads.

I shook their hands goodbye and walked out the interrogation room. I made my way to the front where tre and his friend was.

"Babe"

"Oh god"Tre got up from his seat running over to me. I hugged him tightly crying my eyes out. "I'm sooo sorry baby. I'm sorry I left you"

"I wanna go to the hospital. I have to see if my mom made it"I sniffle. Tre nodded his head grabbing my hand.

I have to go. I just wanna say my last goodbye and leave. Probably leave forever.