✿ Chapter One - Interview

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Samantha
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

A pair of blue jeans, a white shirt that looked perfectly clean and ironed, a blue jacket and a pair of high heels seemed like the right choice with which I could present at an interview. I tied my hair in a ponytail leaving my straight bangs to drop over my forehead without covering my eyes. The blonde strand of hair that I couldn't bring myself to color differently was more than visible, but I couldn't care less about it. I took off my piercings, thinking they gave the impression of someone whom I didn't want to give the impression to be.

All I missed was makeup. Some mascara, dark red lipstick and a bit of powder, not enough to cover the freckles that obviously enough showed off on my dark colored skin. Something to make my thick, brown brows darker, a bit of something to make my pointy, straight nose and high cheekbones shine, and I was done. I took several deep breaths, considering myself ready for the interview that could spare me having to search for other jobs.

I straightened my posture, held my head high and thought only the best, knowing I couldn't afford not getting this job. I just had to be positive, talk when asked and be confident. Yeah, the second one wasn't something you saw often at me, but for a job I had to force it down my throat.

"Mom, you ready?" The light of my day, my moon and my stars, my baby boy, the one I gave birth to seventeen years ago asked from behind the bathroom door, softly knocking at it.

I hurried to open the door and looked up into his icy blue eyes, quite the opposite of my light brown ones. "I'm ready, baby."

He looked me up and down, smiling softly as he spread his arm towards the front door. "After you, mother."

I rolled my eyes at him, raising a brow. "How much money?"

"What? Who said anything about money?" He laughed nervously, glancing away from me.

I walked into the hallway, taking my bag from the little table next to the front door. "You don't know how to lie, boy. So how much will it be?"

"Fifty?" He pouted his lower lip at me, doing the puppy eyes that always had me at his knees.

I sighed, shaking my head slowly. "You better keep them for this week, because I'm not even sure I'll be getting this job." I started searching through the bag filled with wonders for my pocketbook in which I had two one hundred bills and just one of fifty. He was lucky, extremely lucky.

I handed in the money, looking seriously at him as he was all ready with his backpack hanging to his shoulder and the simple look he picked for his first day of school from here. His brows rose as he took the money and quickly stuffed them in his jeans pocket. "Mom, you will get this job, I'm sure of it. You'll be the best personal assistant any boss could wish for, I guarantee you!" He quickly pulled me in his arms, assuring me it was gonna be fine.

I loved this boy with all my heart. Absolutely nothing could make me love him less. He was with me whenever someone else wasn't. I was never alone because of him. I could never feel alone...

"I love you, Cole, you know that, right?" I whispered, looking up into his icy blue eyes once again.

My tall baby boy with beautiful blue eyes, strongly shaped chin, sunken cheeks and full, pink lips. His hair was a dark shade of ginger, curlier than mine and shorter definitely. He had long lashes, and thick brows, accentuated more because of his lighter skin tone. His cheeks wore the same freckles as mine, his pink lips curled into his father's smile.