✿ Chapter Twenty - Surprise

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Samantha
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

I've been ignoring his calls the whole night, having absolutely no idea what to say to him. I was crying my eyes out, staring at my phone and waiting for another call so I could wonder again if I should pick up or not, only to lose another chance.

I was... jealous, I was, even if I had no right to be. It was clear he wasn't going to be a one lady man, I just couldn't help myself! I hoped he'd be all mine...

I covered my eyes with my palms, sobbing in them. I just couldn't stop questioning why. Why was he bothering so much with me? It wasn't like I was any better than the fools he slept with. I doubted I even beat his likings! All the girls he slept with were all so beautiful, why was he even bothering with me?

I sniffled, shaking my head. With several deep inhales, I wiped the tears off my face, turning my phone with the face around. I didn't feel capable of making any decisions regarding our... relationship, if you could even call it that. I needed some time to think things through.

I hardly slept the night, having the voice of the other girl moaning in the background playing like a broken record in my mind. It ached my heart to the point it was hard for me to get up from bed in the morning. When I did get up, I acted like nothing was wrong, knowing Cole and Nathan really liked Logan. I went to work and continuously thought about last night. The phone stopped ringing in the morning, which only disturbed me more. I was a mess the whole day, and just the same in the morning. Cole must've noticed, that he asked me what was wrong whenever he saw me, but I just said I was fine. Liane was the one to get the answer out of me in the morning.

"So... he cheated."

I couldn't say I was sure, but I was pretty sure. "Something like that..."

"What does "something like that" mean? Did he do it with some bitch or not?"

"In all honesty I have no idea and I don't care." I sighed, shaking my head, "I just know I heard a bitch moaning in the background and saying how delicious he was." My tone had a venomous touch as I glared at the papers I was arranging.

"What did you say his reaction was?"

I licked my dry lips, shrugging carelessly. "He tried to sell me some bullshit how he didn't do anything. Fucking liar," I grunted, hating my own words in the depth of my heart.

Liane exhaled, leaning on my desk, her hand pressing on the mountain of papers I had to check. "I'm sorry to hear that, sis." She pressed her palm on my shoulder, trying to reassure me how things were going to be alright.

I sniffled, feeling tears in the back of my throat. "And you know what's worse? He gave me his word, that he wasn't doing anything with that fucking woman," my voice thinned as I spoke heartbroken, "I wasn't deaf, I could hear perfectly the bitch in the back moaning his name!"

"He gave you his word?" She asked dumbstruck.

I wiped the tears intending to run down my cheeks, my head dipping forward in a nod. "Yeah..."

"Sam, that means that he wasn't lying." She said with a breathy voice.

I looked at her amazed, feeling even more hurt than before. "Gee, thanks. That makes it all better."

"No, I'm serious. When a man like Logan Black gives you his word, he's not lying!"

I shook my head, returning to the papers. "My ex husband lied to me more times than I can count on all of my fingers."