✿ Chapter Two - Busy

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Samantha
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

After spending some hours staring at things I couldn't afford at the mall, I returned home. I left my bag on the table next to the door and headed to my room, expecting nobody to be home. With a heavy sigh, I started taking off my clothes. I put on a pair of grey sweat pants and a white tank top with a pair of flip-flops, heading to the kitchen. I instantly took the paper from the little table that was big enough for two people, a pen and sat down, starting to circle jobs I thought I could get.

"Mom, you home?" Cole's voice rang from the hallway, taking me by surprise. I checked the watch on the wall, seeing it was nowhere near the time he was supposed to get home.

"In the kitchen!" I exclaimed, hiding the pen and the paper and jumping to the fridge.

He entered the kitchen a moment later, wiggling his brows at me. "So... did you get it?"

I smiled at him, knowing I couldn't tell him how awful it actually went. "It went great, baby. They said they'd call me." I lied through gritted teeth, searching for some food in our almost empty fridge.

He grinned, hurrying up to me. In a moment I found myself engulfed in his arms, his warm embrace simply making me feel better about it. "I told you it would go well..."

"Yeah, you did, baby." I whispered, hiding the pain in my voice with that sweet tone I was used in using around him. "Now explain to me why are you home early?"

"We didn't do the last two classes." He smirked smugly, pulling away from me.

I sighed at him, shaking my head slowly. "You didn't make any friends, did you?"

"What makes you think that?"

I rose a brow at his question, picking up the plate with two cheese pizza slices. I took two steps towards the table and sat down as I replied to him, "You wouldn't have come so early."

"No, don't start that "you don't know how to skip if you do it alone" shit, Mom. I have friends." He said seriously, taking the other slice of pizza.

"Oh, really?" I got up from the seat, going to look at the hallway. "I don't see them. Did you hide them from me?"

"Ha, ha, very funny," he rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "It was just my first day. I barely got the chance to speak to people."

I went up to him, rumbling my hand through his hair. "Barely got the chance or not, you need friends. I don't want you to finish your highschool lonely. And I want you to have a girlfriend."

He groaned, dipping his head to look up at me. "But I don't want a girlfriend, momma."

"I don't care what you want. You better get yourself a girlfriend before you're thirty five, or I'll play matchmaker. And you don't want that." I sat back down in front of him, shifting one leg over the other as I enjoyed my pizza slice. "Also, I want grandchildren. With blue eyes, no other option."

I was a single woman with ambitions, you couldn't blame me.

"You expect too much from me. Did you ever think I don't want to get married?" He asked, raising a brow at me. "Or have children?"