✿ Chapter Twenty Four - Good Morning?

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Samantha
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Last night, after the best date I ever had, he brought me to his mansion. Yep! You heard me right. I said mansion, not penthouse. I thought at first he had bought it after selling the penthouse, but I was wrong. Very wrong.

He owned them both, besides others. I could swear I didn't have long till I strangled him. What kind of man, no! Scratch that! What kind of single man needs so many places to live in? Isn't one enough? Really?

Not to mention it was the size of ten houses of mine. And my house was pretty big. Wait, I was pretty sure what he had wasn't even a mansion, it was a freaking palace. It did look like a palace from the outside, and on the inside, the royal design matched it. I always thought that by the way his penthouse looked, he was a modern type of guy, but this palace disagreed.

He gave me a quick tour of the place, showing me the huge kitchen, the inside pool and the outside pool, the games room, where he had a bowling area, billiard tables and other stuff besides a little bar in the corner, he showed me the gym, then the ball room, the living room, the dining room, the theater room and other huge places that left me speechless.

Well, the first to do that, was the lobby, which had two stair cases going on the first floor and then elevators going to the second, third and forth floor. The lobby was the size of ten rooms the least, bigger than my first floor, with a huge, crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and a little table filled with lilies right under it. On the ground it was a large carpet in a golden color that looked like a Persian rug. More expensive than my life if you counted the marble floor with it.

And the rest was history, since it was just as expensive, maybe more. The bedroom must've been the only one a little simpler, even if it still looked like a king's bedroom.

Of course, he ended up getting both of us naked, after which we had great sex as usual. In fact, everytime it was better. I didn't know why, I didn't know how, I just know damn well it was... the best. He knew exactly how to touch me in the right places, how to cherish my body and how to make me feel desired, craved for. I guess... his way of showing he wanted me, probably the way I showed I wanted him made it all better. It made it all feel like our bodies longed for one another like they needed the very oxigen we breathed.

That... that was how he made me feel and I knew for sure I never felt anything alike.

It felt like... love. Not sex or fucking, love. Like you put the way your partner feels, the way your partner enjoys it above how you enjoyed it. I knew I felt only a few times how love felt like, and that was way long before my husband got bored of me. It wasn't even like this. Sex wasn't our start. It was the things we had in common or the little things we did for each other that made us fall, not sex.

The first time I had sex with him it was... a little too soon for me. I knew I wasn't ready for it, but I wanted to please him. He had urged me to do it with him for weeks and it was his birthday, after all. Sadly, that wasn't love to me. I honestly hated everything about sex after my first time, I just never had the guts to admit it to anyone. I thought it was normal to hurt so much the first time.

Some time later I found out I was pregnant, I told my parents and they turned against me and I stayed with Zane. He did love me, he did do so many things for me. It was clear that if he could, he would have given me the whole world at the time.

It didn't last. Eventually... we grew apart from each other. I lost a lot after that, but nothing felt like losing my best friend. Well, almost nothing.