✿ Chapter Thirty Two - Taken

I felt like the sky had collapsed on me. I felt as if my lungs couldn't get the amount of air they needed. I felt like I was frowning and I couldn't reach for air. I couldn't take it.

I gazed Rhett, who was close to kill Jerome, his gaze boring burning holes in his skin. His fist clenched in anger. He blamed him, I knew it. He wanted to kill him, I saw it. Jerome fell silent, completely struck by his mistake. Yes, I saw it as a mistake. He should have checked the garage, he should have been with her the whole time.

Dammit, I should have been with her!

"We're going to the warehouse right now, we need to see what the fuckers want!" I grunted, not wasting time to point fingers.

"What are you gonna do when you find out?" Kaleb asked.

"Kill them and take my woman." I unlocked my car by pressing the button from the keys, turning at Rhett. "You coming, kid?"

"No need to ask twice." He ran on the other side of the car to the passenger's seat, while I looked at the guys. "Search to see if one's alive. If he is, bring him to the warehouse." I commanded getting inside the car, although I doubted Jerome had left anyone alive. He was too good at slaughter.

I turned on the wild engine and drove as fast as possible to reach the warehouse. As soon as the car stopped, I jumped out of the car with Rhett on my tracks, going straight to my tech guy, Byron. I slammed open the door from his area of expertise, startling him into dropping his bowl of ramen.

"Boss!" He arranged the glasses on his nose, frowning at me. "What are you doing?"

"Access the CCTV footage from my house." I ordered.

He did as told, his fingers practically running on the keyboard. On the wide screen from the small room appeared all the cameras from my house.

"Play the garage one from an hour ago."

Not waiting another minute he did so, playing the footage of the fucker who knocked out my sweetheart with drugs. Fortunately, he wasn't wearing a mask, which made it easier for us. A white van entered the garage and the fucker dragged my sweetheart in his arms, hitting her head to the edge of the van. I felt my blood boil at the sight of the bastards driving away, with my sweetheart in the van. Rhett looked just as pissed as me, and I knew for a fact, his temper wasn't any different than his mother's and his mother's was... something.

I felt a punch to my chest at the thought of anything those fuckers could be doing to my sweetheart right now, feeling nothing but a pure, raw, instinctive need of going on a killing spree. Oh, wait, that wasn't the beginning of it. I was going to torture every son of a bitch that laid his hand on her, and then I was going to kill them. In the most painful way possible. Alvarez had no idea what was waiting for him and his little cartel. He may have been some big shit, but I was a bigger shit when my woman was taken from me.

My phone started buzzing in my pocket, and I picked up, seeing the unknown caller. "Yes?" I asked in a thick, dark tone just earned after watching the footage.

"Should I guess that you didn't take the news so well?" The sneaky voice of my ex partner in shares echoed in the line.

I gritted my teeth as I hissed his name. "Alvarez..."

"I'll take that as a no. I bet you're already watching the footage, aren't you?"

"What do you want?" I had no time for discussions. I knew how the Mexicans proceeded. They held your person hostage for a day, before they did what they wanted to her. If they got angry, they didn't give them any time. At this moment, the smart choice was to let him believe I'd do as he pleased.