✿ Chapter Fourteen - Reunion

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Samantha
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Okay, I was ready, waiting for Damian. And I was still waiting for him, twenty minutes after five pm. Maybe I got the hour wrong, I was still questioning that...

My baby boy was waiting with me, looking pissed, while I was disappointed, on the bridge of losing my hopes. Then, the doorbell rang.

I instantly jumped up from the chair, hurrying to the front door as I adjusted my grey dress at my front. I opened the door widely, smiling brightly at the man's sight. He was wearing a hot tux, with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. His smile seemed a little forced as he pushed them towards me.

"Wow, you didn't have to..." I held in my breath, smiling at him so I wouldn't sneeze. "But they're beautiful. Hi, by the way!"

"Hi, Sam!" He relaxed his smile, having a genuine look in his eyes.

"Come in!" I took a step back, lowering the flowers to be able to breath. "I'll put these into some water and we're ready to go."

Cole was leaving the kitchen when I was entering in a hurry to get rid of the flowers. I didn't even bother putting them in a vase, I threw them outside in the trash, finally feeling free to sneeze. When I returned in the kitchen, I made sure my eyes weren't itching and red, swollen from the allergy. While Cole was talking God knew what with Damian, I was fixing myself.

I didn't like telling people I was allergic to flowers. It felt like I was giving off one of my weaknesses, and I definitely didn't know Damian long enough to let him know about one of my weaknesses.

Faster than expected I was back in the living room, seeing Damian glare at Cole, who was glaring back with crossed arms. I said my goodbyes from Cole for the night, kissing him on the cheek and took Damian by the arm, forcing him to lead me to his expensive car. The ride towards the restaurant where the charity ball his mother organized was as silent as hell. I would have turned on the radio, putting on some rock and roll, if I hadn't felt the hostility his blank stare was giving me.

I honestly didn't feel welcomed, for some reason.

A few minutes later we reached at the restaurant. We both got out of the car, after which he took me by the waist and led me inside, still wearing that emotionless look. I couldn't stop but wonder what was in that head of his, that he was so serious. The moment we were allowed inside, I looked around the crowd of people, not seeing any familiar faces. All I could see were the fancy dressed people with drinks in their hands, talking and laughing.

Nothing interesting, just boring as the meetings I had with Mr Black. He talked to some people, excluding me of most conversations, as if I didn't belong there. That thought really hurt me, but I preferred to not think about it. I continued to look after waiters, in the hope of finding myself a glass of alcohol, hopefully a martini and not champagne. I would've loved something even stronger.

"Looking for something, sugar?" The voice I didn't hear in so long, the voice I was dreading to hear rang in my ears how no other sound from the hall rang.

I gulped at myself, slowly turning around at him. I could feel my stomach drop, my heart skip that beat as I stared at those emeralds, those emeralds that pierced my soul like it was the easiest thing possible. His chocolate strands of hair still invaded his forehead in the most adorable way, those pink lips curled in the evilest smile. He was wearing a white shirt with two buttons unbuttoned at his collar, a pair of black pants that matched his black coat and shiny shoes. His muscles still tried to rip through his clothes, looking even better than before.