Ch.9 The Guilt & Advice

Hello there!
I think you all know the drill from here!

Disclaimer: This story belongs to me and has nothing to do with the HTTYD story plot! My story just involves with the HTTYD World and nothing else!!~

So, Enjoy!~

•~•

Meanwhile with Meteora:
Meteora's POV:

As I walked back to the place where I freed the Night Fury from the bola. There were a lot of things that people would do if they saw the scenery. First people would think that there was a dragon around them but didn't know where so they would scream and cause a ruckus. That's something any other Viking would do. But I'm not that way at all. The first thing that I did when I came back to the scene again.

I just looked down at it. I kneeled down, picked up the rope as well as one of the stones and stared. "You had every right to... Sure, many living things have their own reasons for attacking, whether it would be to protect themselves or someone else, no one ever really knows why dragons that raid us or in the Training Arena attack... But I know the reason why you would want to..." I started talking to myself quietly as I gently ran my left thumb across the smooth Stone and my right hand clenched onto the rope.

"So... Why didn't you?"

I looked ahead to where he went and then I remembered something, something that I didn't quite think about until now. When he was flying away, there was something... off about it. Mostly when dragons would try to fly, they would hover in the air and have good coordination. He didn't have that at all...

'I hope nothing wrong happened to him due to my act.'
I hoped silently and walked where he flew. After a while, I walked into a small opening that only I and another person can walk in. I looked and saw a large cove filled with vegetation- couple of small trees here and there, rocks that lead to a waterfall that trails down to a lake. The scenery was beautiful, but no sign of the Night Fury...

"Well, this was silly." I mumbled softly and turned to leave, that is until I spotted something near my feet.

Black and dark blue scales.

I kneeled down to pick some up and inspected them. I ran my hands through the smooth scales. They were much smoother than the ones I have around my neck. I gently put them away in my red pouch that's usually there for clothing but I sometimes use it to stash small stuff inside. "If the scales are here... Then wher-"

"COME ON! Why, of all things, does this  have to be so difficult?!"

A voice suddenly rang out with a frustrated roar. I backed up and fell on my butt from the sudden blur of black and scratching. I slowly poked my head to see what it was and my eyes widened to see the dragon again. I watched him fall down from where I was and fly dangerously down to the ground. His wings twitched a couple of times. I slowly went down one more rock to get closer but still far away from where the dragon landed and far up from the ground. I can still hear him clear as day. But like any other human, it's too faint. "Come on! I'm exhausted.... and I lost count of all my bruises... But if I stay here then those Kin-Killers will surely kill me! That little skin-sack must've told them by now! I can't take any chances!" He said and flapped his wings again, he got into the air.

"I think I-" but before he could finish what he was saying, he  slowly went down again landing on the ground.

"I spoke too soon!..." He grumbled loudly and made some other frustrated sounds. I must've taken out my journal by instinct because when I looked down at my hands, I saw my book and my pencil out. I opened to a blank page and started drawing the angry and distressed creature. I finished it and was confused. "I don't understand... What can't you just, fly away?" I wondered softly and looked back at him.