Ch.14: Accuracy & Aftermath

Hello there!
I think you all know the drill from here!

Disclaimer: This story belongs to me and has nothing to do with the HTTYD story plot! My story just involves with the HTTYD World and nothing else!!~

So, Enjoy!~

•~•

Terron POV:

After 30 minutes of the tykes restin' we all moved to the trees that had the target boards. The recruits picked an axe for each of them an' stood across one of the targets. They threw the axes at the targets, Lexi, Caibre, and Ferguson hit the mark while Kiki missed it by an inch, the twins' axes were above the target board. As for Haggis, his axe missed the entire tree an' went to the other tree.

"That's one point for Lexi, Caibre and Ferguson." Meteora announced as she marked a point beside their names on her wee notebook.

I nodded softly as I looked towards the teens. I waited at the right moment until all of them got ready to throw their axes before askin': "Who knows the name of the dragon that sprays acid instead of fire?"

I knew my question threw off most of the teens, aside from Lexi and Caibre, missed their targets. "What?" The pre-teens, aside from Haggis, Kiki, and Caibre, asked in confusion as they looked at me.

"Changewing!" Kiki and Haggis answered my question.

In the corner of my eye, I watched Meteora mark down another point for Kiki, Lexi, and Caibre while puttin' a point down for Haggis. "One point for Lexi and Caibre for hitting the target, One point for Haggis and Kiki for answering the question." She announced once more.

They looked at her in confusion while I shot them a grin, "All of ye will each receive a point for hittin' the target and answerin' the question, if you can hit the target and answer the question at the same time, ye' got two points." I explained to them, "The more ye' get the points, the better! So whoever got the fewest points will clean the beast's pens after Kiki and Meteora feed them."

"WHAT?!" The trainees, besides Caibre (such a quiet laddie, that one is.) and Kiki, exclaimed in shock.

Then both Meteora and I laughed evilly. "Now are ye regrettin' that you didn't read the book when I told ye, aren't ye?" I asked as I looked at them with an arm and my wooden hand crossed. "This is the reason why I listen to my mentor so I don't have to go through his punishments such as this!" Meteora asked, makin' me guffaw and threw me head back in laughter. Once my laughter subsided, I looked at them with a smirk. "Meteora and I will take turns askin' the questions each time ye will throw those axes, so get ready!"

I looked at the recruits and noticed their faces. Lexi had a look of determination on her face, I think she knew she would be able to hit the targets while answerin' our questions. Caibre was still silent and collected as usual, the strangest lad I've ever met. The new lassie had a smile on her face and was calm, I knew she would get all our answers right. Why? Because she had Meteora with her of course! There's no wey that lassie would let Kiki be alone in the dark, for she is the most kind, carin', compassionate, an' the smartest lassie I've ever known! I saw Haggis freakin' out just a wee bit, but he is the one with the most knowledge of the beasties so I wouldn't worry about him with that, just if he can hit the target. While I just snickered at how the others were panickin'.

I should probably congratulate the wee lass on thinkin' about This punishment! I would've had them read the book all day with no trainin' at all, but this is so much better!