eleven \\ "sayonara bitches"

Izuku's favorite Christmas present, more favorite than the new set of measuring cups that Denki had given him, more than the hug he got from Shouto (yes, that was Shouto's gift to everyone. A rare show of affection for each one of his roommates from the chilly man) had come a day late. And it didn't come wrapped in a box with a bow tying it all neatly together. It came in the form of a phone call from one of his favorite people on earth. His mom. 

Momo was woken up at five in the morning by the sound of crashing coming from Izuku's room as he stumbled down the hallway haphazardly with his luggage in hand and an excited smile plastered on his boyish features.  In her delirious state, Momo was convinced that it was her alarm clock making the annoyingly loud noise so early in the morning, so, she rolled over to turn it off. However, what she didn't count on was being so close to the edge of her bed. 

Izuku's happy early-morning parade to the airport was interrupted by a sudden crashing sound coming from his female roommate's room. He stopped in his tracks, slightly alarmed by the sound and wondering whether or not to go investigate. He doubted that anyone could be asleep after that, but what if she was and he would be waking her up? On another note, did she fall out of her bed? 

Momo released a string of curses at her clumsiness which had suddenly become very painful for her. As if she wasn't already grumpy enough being woken up at five in the morning, she also now how to deal with bruises on her tailbone and shoulders and a splitting headache from her impact with the floor. Everyone knew that she wasn't the most graceful person in the world, but this was certainly a new low for her. 

She groaned in pain as she pushed herself up from the floor and was met with the sight of her freckled roommate standing in her doorway. She could instantly recognize him becuase of his head of wild green hair despite the sleep still blurring her vision and making all her thoughts fuzzy. What was he doing here? Oh god, had she woken him up? Momo hated the idea of waking people up becuase she knew how sucky she felt when she got woken up early. Like now. 

"Oh, my god...sorry, did I wake you up, Izuku?" She mumbled out, rubbing the tiredness from her eyes (or at least attempting to) as his actual facial features became more defined and less of just blobs of color. "I guess I thought the edge of my bed was farther away than it was in reality..."  she rubbed her aching head. 

"Oh!" He released a giggle as he waved his hands in front of himself, clearing her of any blame for the early-morning disruption. "You didn't wake me up at all! In fact, I think I might've been the one who accidentally woke you up with all my commotion..." The freckled boy scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile and Momo's eyes widened as she suddenly noticed the suitcase in his hands. 

"Hm? Where are you going?" She asked, her fatigue draining into curiosity. Momo knew he was an adult and perfectly capable of going anywhere he saw fit, but there was still a small part of her that wished he had told them that he was planning to take off to a destination so far away that it required a suitcase. Plus, now she wouldn't have anyone to help her take care of Shouto. 

Why just Shouto, you might ask? Well, as is the nature of Shouto Todoroki, he wanted nothing to do with celebrating the holidays and elected not to go with Denki when the blond asked if he wanted to stay with their old roommate for New Years'. Momo had to admit that she was a little disappointed that she wouldn't be getting the alone time she so craved, but maybe this would be good for them. Izuku and Denki were basically open books with not secrets buried beneath their thin outer shells, but Shouto was in a different world. Maybe this would help her get to know him better. 

She just shook her head, focusing her thoughts back on her green-eyed roommate as he suddenly brightened and said, "Oh yeah! So, my mom called me at like midnight last night and told me she was just landing back in America so I was like "OH MY GOSH WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" and she was like, "I wanted it to be a surprise Izu!" and so I got the earliest flight to New York that I could and that flight happens to be in an hour...." He was rambling on more about spending New Years with his mom, but Momo's brain had wandered off. She realized that she liked seeing the boy so extremely excited about something.