Chapter 28

Olivia's POV

The tedious act of removing all the disgraceful pictures took us all of our first class. Not that I minded missing Maths. I just wish it wasn't to remove something Ashley had done to humiliate me. The girls tried to joke around a bit to lighten the situation however I knew this was more serious. I didn't know how far Ashley was willing to go to degrade me and who I was, I mean she was completely happy to admit my secret to the whole of the school. 

Soon the bell rung which indicated that the second class had just begun and I was already a little late. I just hope that the teacher understood. We all hurried off to class but not before they all told me to stay strong and that they would help me get through this together. 

"Oh, the dyke finally showed up." A guy at the back of the class said very loudly. The class erupted in laughter and people commented on my sexuality as I passed them to get to my seat.

"Is there a reason you are late Olivia?" The teacher said as I sat down in the cold hard seat. I looked at him almost shocked. He hadn't even reprimanded any of the students for their harsh comments. 

"Yes sir, I was just-" I started to explain myself.

"That was a rhetorical question. You have detention for being late. Do not let it happen again." He said cutting me off, the students snickered. I nodded as tears filled my eyes. I took a few deep breaths to stop myself from crying. I didn't want to give everyone another reason to tease me. 

He soon began teaching, however I could feel the person behind me kicking my chair constantly. The girl I sat next to also became a victim of their childish acts. I gave her an apologetic smile, hoping that she wouldn't blame me for the actions of the fellow classmates. 

"I don't want to sit next to her." Hannah exclaimed standing up catching everyone's attention. 

"Is something wrong Hannah?" The teacher asked. His face showed annoyance as his lesson was interrupted once again. 

"Yes! Olivia is staring and it's creeping me out. I don't want to sit next to a dirty lesbian like her." exclaimed Hannah. 

"I wasn't staring at you Hannah." I responded. 

"Why are you even talking to me!" She yelled back and pushed me. The force made me fall out of my chair. I quickly stood up and brushed the dust of myself. 

"Olivia! See me after class." stated Mr. Samuel. I looked at him with wide eyes. Why am I in trouble? I did nothing wrong. It was her fault. I just groaned loudly and sat back down in my chair. 

"Is something wrong?" Mr Samuel boomed. I just shook my head, I really didn't need any more attention. He kept his gaze on me for a few seconds before he turned back to the board. He then moved Hannah to a seat elsewhere. The kicks on my chair never subsided, but nobody did anything about it. 

The rest of my morning classes went the same. The taunting and horrible behaviour continued and only worsened when it was lunch. 

I tried to ignore them and the girls had my back, but it still hurt. I didn't think the reaction of the students would be this horrible. I thought that there we lived in a more accepting world, but I guess that I was pretty oblivious to the truth. 

I sat with Mani, Ally and Dinah and tried to block out the insults that were thrown our way. Soon it wasn't just directed at me, but my three best friends became victims of their torment. 

"Olivia, don't worry about us. We can handle it." Mani said as she took my hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. 

I just kept apologising to them. They didn't deserve it. I did deserve it though. The insults I received were justified. They were true and we all knew it. The girls just kept comforting me, although I just brushed them off and told them I was okay. I knew they didn't believe me, but they didn't want to pester me which I very much appreciated. 

"Hey girls." A familiar raspy voice called out and the once empty seat was soon occupied. 

"Hello Miss. Jauregui." Ally cheered. She could bring just about anyone mood up with her cheerful way. The rest of the girls traded pleasantries included myself. I could fake a good mood for just a little while. 

"I hope you aren't receiving too much trouble Liv" Lauren said. I just shrugged, not really knowing how to answer. As the girls knew the truth it was going to be hard to lie. 

"What else has happened to you?" She asked. Her voice portrays so much concern. 

"It doesn't matter Miss. Jauregui." I said. She rolled her perfect green eyes and raised her eyebrows. I looked down and avoided eye contact with all of them. I didn't want to admit what had happened in my class. 

With the way Lauren acted this morning I knew she would kick off if she knew the way I was treated by one of her colleagues. 

"It certainly does matter Miss. Garcia." Lauren stated, her stern teacher voice was very much evident. I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat, ashamed as to how her voice made me feel. She must have mistook my behaviour as she immediately wrapped an arm around me pulling me towards her.

"Its okay Liv. You can tell me." Lauren said as she rubbed my back. 

"I know Miss. Jauregui. Nothing happened, I'm fine." I said. She sighs and moves her mouth to my ear. 

"I know you are lying. Mr. Samuel's was talking about you in the teachers lounge." She whispered so the girls couldn't hear her. I bit my lip and tried to move away from her, although she didn't allow me and pulled me closer.

"Why don't we go to my classroom and have a chat?" She whispered. A shiver ran through my body as I thought about the last time I was alone with her in her classroom.