Chapter 1: Unthinkable

Brown hands that are so slender and petite. Looking at my own hands as the Sun rays shine between my lean fingers. I like chocolate. Something so rich can only be adourned by the richest medal one can find on Earth: gold. I turn over in my luxurious black canopy bed to find the other side of the comforter warm, ruffled and empty. Where is my golden husband?

I sit up in the bed and the faucet in the bathroom goes silent. A gold shadow appears in my doorway. Black, shiny hair and chocolate eyes greet me. Delicious chocolate gazing into my soul. "You're leaving?" I ask. "Yes, but I want you to accompany me. There's something that's been weighing on my thoughts and I've decided that you should know." He says. Shiny, thick black eyebrows furrow on his chiseled face. So handsome.

"I'll get dressed and then you can show me this secret. Quick question": Does this secret require fancy clothing or can I go however I please?"

"You always dress nice. I like anything you wear, actually."

"Of course you do and your input is basically like putting nothing in a pot and hoping for something scrumptious when you turn the heat off on the stove."

He rolls his eyes. Delicious. After brushing my teeth and throwing on a yellow polkadot Summer dress. I saunter out of the bedroom to the front door. "Um. That's too light for where we are going. You'll shiver." He says to me from the couch. I roll my eyes and huff. "What do you think I should wear?" I ask.

"Long pants and a long sleeved shirt. You know. The stuff you wear during the winter."

"Well, how extreme is the winter is it in the negative degree ranges with avalanches and blizzards or is it a breezy night in San Francisco? You have to be specific. If I didn't know any better, I'd think this is some ploy of yours just to see me in different outfits. I told you when we first met that I'm not a frilly girl. Trying to trick me in-"

"I'm not playing tricks on you. I'm not manipulating you. All you need is a long sleeve shirt and long pants. That's it. Seriously."

I glare at him for few seconds before briskly walking back in the room. A few moments later, I am back in the living room with grey long clothes on. It was the first thing I saw in the drawer. He snaps his fingers. "First thing I want to show you is that I don't travel like everyone else. I typically travel through portals. I can go to any universe, time, or space with the help of it. I only use cars to give the illusion that I'm a normal person but I'm neither." He says.

"You're neither..." I say while staring at a black out-of-space appearing portal before me.

"Yes."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm a deity Asher."

I laugh. "If that's the case, why am I still alive? Beings like you can't mate with people like me and not hurt us, right?"

"That's not a thing. Why would I want to hurt you? You're my wife. I love you."

"I didn't mean that you would do it on purpose. Aren't gods massive and don't they have souls that can crush smaller souls to oblivion or something?"

"Um. I don't know the answer to that question but you're still alive. Your soul is intact and I haven't crushed you so maybe that's just a bunch of scare tactics someone made up to scare you."

"Nobody told me that. I just guessed it would be that way because so many religious thumpers say their gods are titans."

"Ok... I'll add my wife having a vivid imagination to a list of things that amaze me about you."

"Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why you were not comfortable enough to tell me this during our honeymoon or something. We're going into the second year of our marriage."

"Do you want to come along or not?"

"Fine. I'll go on this adventure with you but at some point we're going to have to talk about the real reason you didn't want me to know you were a god sooner."

"Okay we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

*Comic for this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BM38L26?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860