Chapter 22: Earthquake

"Knock!" "Knock!" "Hello, is anyone home? Seasons... I really need your help. I didn't know who else to run to. Please, open the door. I have my son with me." I say with shaky words. The apartment door unlocks. "What's wrong? Didn't you just leave not too long ago?" Seasons says. I nod.

"Can I come in?" I run my hand through Air's soft black hair and he looks dumbstruck. She nods and let us in. We sit on the frumpy couch. Celestial comes out from the backroom. "Why are they here again?" He asks and rolls his eyes. "Don't be rude Celestial. These are our guests." His mother says with a tight smile.

"I don't mean to make you all uncomfortable. Seasons can I talk to you alone outside. There's something I urgently need to tell you." She nods and before the door closes I hear Celestial ask Air ": What's wrong with your mom? Does she have a sleeping problem?"

"Seasons, my husband killed King Enkimdu. I have his soul within me right now. He killed most of my children with the King and now he wants me to help him find our last child so he can kill him too! I don't want my husband to kill my baby. Please help me! I don't know what to do." I say in a loud whisper.

"You're telling me you have King Enkimdu's soul right now? This is great! Now, you can just give it to me and I'll give it to my husband. He will know what to do with it." I shake my head.

"I want to give it to him myself. Plus, I don't know how to get it out of me. My husband said he put it in me but he didn't say how."

"Fine."

We go back inside and she leads me to the underworld. She takes me to Death's dark little workshop with the brown sack halfway full. "He looks up at us from the stool he is sitting on. "Hey, what's up?" He asks Seasons.

"Asher has King Enkimdu's soul."

"Where?" I point to my head and he jumps up. He slowly walks up to me and places his hand on my head. "I don't see anything." He says and looks at my belly which is now slightly protruding through my nightgown. He looks me in the eyes and asks ": May I?" I nod. He places his hand on the bump.

"There are two inside. It seems like they are fighting. One soul is indigo and the other is white. Which one should I pull out?"

"The white one." He pulls the orb out and particles from the dirt and all around the room gather around the ball until it becomes a huge growing muddy ball. A blinding light flashes across the room. We shield our eyes. When we look back at the glob of mud, a naked male with washboard abs, wavy white hair and a white beard stands in its place looking back at us.

"King Enkimdu?" I ask. He nods and walks his lean tall frame toward me. His lightly tanned skin and those wide shoulders. I bite my lower lip. Asher pull yourself together! You're not a wild animal in heat so stop acting like one. Once his tall frame is fully looming over mine, I decide to step back. His eyes are no longer hazel. Now, they are silver blue. They're sharp as a knife and as blue as the ocean surrounding the Bahamas. They're so clear and so trained on me. He reaches out to me and tucks one of my black strands behind my ears. The closer he gets the heavier my breaths become. "I think I should go." I say as he leans down and breathes in my smell near my neck. He wraps his arm around my waist and pushes me toward him. "My son is here. I need to go check on him so..." I say breathlessly. He lifts his free hand up and veins fork across it. He swiftly puts his hand under my dress and touches my abdomen. His cold touch makes me shiver a bit. Why am I so attracted to him?

"... because you're mine." He answers back in my thoughts. I look him in the eyes and try to push his hand away.

"What are you going to do? Sleep with me here before an audience? Come on. Don't you have something you need to talk about with Death and Seasons?"

"I do. Don't be mistaken. I've been bottled up for so long... I'd sleep with you before an audience or not. Anyway and anywhere I can have you, I'll take you. Right now, I'm merely returning the favor to the God of Destruction and this is only the start of our war." He smiles and kisses me intensely. Ash didn't Death say there were two souls? He's trying to kill your unborn!

"You're such a smart girl." He says. I close my eyes and imagine the King wrapped with vines against a wall. I open my eyes and green vines slither all over him holding him firmly to the wall. I stumble out of Death's processing room to the door. I try to grab the knob but my hands are shaking uncontrollably. Seasons follows me and assists me back to the land of the living. I curl up on one side of the couch. Shivers keep passing through me as my abdomen cycles through a series of contractions. Cold sweat all over me. The ground beneath us quakes in sync with my contractions. "Momma, what's wrong?" Air asks me. "I'm just not feeling too good right now. Momma just needs a little rest ok." I say to him and brush my hand through his hair before darkness overtakes me. My hand drops. What's wrong with the grown males I love and cherish so deeply? Why do the fathers of my children keep trying to kill each other's young? I feel the warm tears stream down my face even in the darkness.