Chapter 11: Cry Later

I told my husband about the encounter at the kindergarten. He is not happy about it. "Seasons has a son that attacked our son?" He asks. "Honey, I wouldn't say Air was attacked. They fought each other because the boy spoke badly about you. Is this the boy that you warned of before we had Air?" I ask.

    He paces the living room floor. His grey pants and white shirt shuffle as his fingers comb through his black hair. "Everything I did... Asher I was trying to avoid this. I thought I wouldn't have to worry about this if we're forever united but- I'll just pay Death and his wife a visit."

"Seasons said they lived nearby but she never said the exact address. How will you find them?"

"Asher, I'm a god and they are deities too. I'll just call them to a meeting. One of my followers will contact their followers and we'll schedule it."

"You have followers?"

"Yes and I have assistants. I thought you'd want a life as close to normal human living as possible. So, my followers and my assistants are in the guise of my family members."

"Oh."

"Yes, we will try to stop a lifelong war from happening between our sons."

"They seem to not like you very much. Are you sure they won't attack you? This could possibly make things worse among the boys."

"If they don't see reason, I will destroy them. I will protect us no matter what."

"I-"

"Don't worry about it. I've got it under control."

     I'm not worried about if he can get this situation under control. I'm worried about his safety. What will they do to him when they meet him? It's not like last time when he went up against death alone. Now, he is going against Seasons and her husband. Who both happen to be deities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I sit on the couch staring at the walls while Air is playing with some jigsaw puzzle on the coffee table. Did he schedule to meet them today? Worry has left me feeling emotionally numb. I just want my husband to come back home in one piece. I hate that I can't do anything to fix this.

Someone knocks thrice on the front door. I look out the peak hole. Oh, it's one of my husband's cousins. His name is Rayaan. I slowly unlock the door. Terrified he has come with bad news in tow. "Hey. Is there something wrong?" I ask. "No, nothing is wrong. I came up here to check on you and my little cousin. Do you need anything?" He asks.

"Yes, I want to know where my husband is."

"I can't tell you that."

If gazes could burn, the ceiling would be on fire from mine. "Why?"

"He told us to not tell you."

Darn it! My husband knows me very well. I would've went to that meeting as soon as I found out the location.
"Is he okay?"

"Yes, he's fine. Actually, we need you and Air to stay up here for the rest of the night."

"Why? What if I need to take a walk tonight? What if Air wants to go to the park?"

"We have been told to watch over you two until your husband returns. This is for safety reasons."

"Ok, thanks." He turns away and I close the door. I'm so annoyed because I'm back at square one with a bit more restrictions. I can't let myself become idle. There's always something I can do in every situation. I look at Air. He stops playing with the puzzle pieces. "Momma. I'm hungry. Can we have some broccoli salad tonight?" He asks.