Chapter 19: Perfect Situation

I sit on the wood planks outside the hut. King Enkimdu opens the door. "Are you really just going to sit out there? Look, I promise that I won't touch you anymore unless you ask me to. So, just come inside." He says to me and offers me a hand. I ignore it and push myself up. I hesitate to enter the door as he hovers by it. He steps away from it and I walk past him into the room. He closes the door. "Let's sit on the bed and relax. It's nighttime." He says to me. "No, I'm comfortable sitting on the floor." I say.

I sit on the floor and he sits beside me. He brushes my hair behind my shoulders. "Don't touch me." I say. His breaths grow heavy.

"I can't stop. I- It feels like I'm losing my mind Ash. Everything I want is right here. You're right here and you're the only one I want. It's taking every once of self control I have left to not rip your clothes off and have you right now." He says between ragged breaths.

"I'm married! You promised you wouldn't touch me." He grabs a handful of my hair and slams my lips to his with a hungry kiss. I bite his lip and fight against the force of his hand with my head. He rips the collar of my white dress and I scream. I crawl away from him and he pulls my legs back to him. I knee him in the chest and he pins my arms down above each side of my head. He rubs his bulge against my upper thigh and I release an ear piercing scream. A black portal opens up beside me. My husband steps out of the portal and Air follows him. My husband's eyes are red like the lava churning inside a volcano. Air helps me to my feet and leads me to the portal.

A double of my husband runs out from behind the portal and attempts to tackle me and my son. My son puts his hand up and an invisible force slams my husband's clone to the wall. I hear screaming from the other side of the portal. My clone runs to the mouth of the portal with a disheveled pink nightgown and eyes that are white. There is blood that is draining down the lower half of her dress. The portal closes before she can get out. While the guys are fighting I decide to run out of the cabin down the wooden steps to the ocean. I run into the water until the water reaches my hips.

A dorsal fin glides by me in the water. I keep my eyes on it and slowly back away from it. It disappears in the water and a lightly tanned man with white wavy hair, white stubble, and shiny bluish hazel eyes slowly approaches me. He does not have on a shirt and there are wrinkles around his eyes and neck. I look away from him to the shore. My husband and Air wave their hands signaling me to come back to the shore. The water beside me splashes as a tail fin whips some of the salty water onto my face.

I look at the dorsal fin swimming near me and slowly take more steps back toward the shore. The man with white hair reaches for me as he swiftly moves closer to me. Thunder clouds form in the sky as lightning violently forks across the sky. The man grabs my arm and dunks himself in the water. He pulls me deep into the water. He bites his arms with his small sharp teeth and pushes it to my mouth. In an attempt to gasp for air, I mistakenly inhale and drink his white, thick blood. It tastes like cream cheese icing.

Visions flash in my mind of the king kissing me under water. One vision comes in focus. A pale brunette woman swims past us with a lizard like tale and four legs propelling her through the water. Her scales are blue with a rainbow gloss. My sight focuses on a huge squid shadow in the depths deep below us. King Enkimdu and I are both sharks swimming deeper to get a better view of the shadow. We swim past giant squid tentacles with ease and see a titan male's upper body sitting ontop of the squid legs. The water dragon lady we saw earlier grows bigger until she's half his size. "What are they doing?" I ask King Enkimdu telepathically. "I think they want us to join." He says.

"How? They're huge."

"You'll see."

The squid rips one of its arms off. Blue blood seeps out and flavors the water around us. We shift into megalodons. Another vision takes focus and King Enkimdu rubs my pregnancy bump while we lay in a canopy bed in a beach cabin. The patio doors are open. The warm breeze makes the thin curtains on the big glass windows dance. I place my hand on his and our rings touch. I smile and look up at him. His wavy tawny hair is as white as starlight now. He smiles back at me and the wrinkles by his eyes become more noticable. I like the older look on him. He looks so graceful and regal. "I think the same thing when I look at you." He says to me.