Chapter 6: Officially

God of Disaster's P.O.V:

Looking out at the expanse of space before me. A cold scythe in my hand. Only two more dimensions to wipe out. A portal opens beside me. "Father, I'm ready for my new life." Sea says. "I'm still trying to figure out how to ensure your soul is placed in the body of the child born from the union of me and Asher." I say.

"Are you getting close to figuring it out?"

"No, I think I might need advice from a fallen enemy... I'll destroy one more dimension and then I'll revisit Death's home and see if I could find some answers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asher's P.O.V:

I'm back in the cave-like room with dark, green blood splattered all over it. The girl that could not stop fawning over the professor, is laying near one of the splats on the dirt floor in tears. Her cloud of curly black hair turns red like autumn leaves. "You must've really liked that guy, huh?" I ask. "Like? He's my husband!" She yells.

"Oh."

"What did you come back for? I think you and your husband have done enough damage. Go away!"

"That's the thing... I'm here to help you find your husband's body parts."

"I don't need your help."

"Well, I tried. My job is done here."

"Fine, I could use the help."

"Look lady, you need to make up your mind."

"I did. I said that I needed the help. What do you want me to do: say it on a megaphone or something?"

Ok. She's annoying. I roll my eyes. "How do we find his parts?" I ask. "My heart can guide me there. When I'm near him, it speeds up." She says.

"Okay, well let's look in different rooms. Maybe you'll feel something."

"Ok."

I don't know what I'm doing here. This would have been a better assignment given to my husband, since he can open portals wherever he pleases. I'll just have to fake it until she feels something. Hopefully, she feels something soon.

She leaves the room clutching the neck of her beige dress. A portal opens in a corner of the room. I jog to it. A toddler's hand reaches out of it. I grab it and pull it through. He has a golden mask of a jackal covering his face. I touch the cheek of his mask. "Sorry mother, you can't see the surprise yet." He says. Aww! He's too cute! Why did he call me "mother?"

"Hey kiddo, I'm not your Mom. I don't have any children."

"You will."

"I will what?"

"Father needs to talk to Death."

"Well that's going to be difficult. Death's body is scattered across who knows where. His wife is distraught."

The portal closes behind him. "I'll help you find it." He says. "Look at you going on a little adventure. Your parents are going to be so proud of you. Your such good helper." I say.

"Really Mom? Okay, I'll do my best."

What's wrong with this kid? I'm not his Mom. Death's wife comes back in the room. "I can't find him. I- I don't feel him." She says then plants her head in her hands. I grab the little boy's hand. "Let's go look for her husband. Do you know how to open a portal?" I ask. He nods and points to a new portal before us.

"Death's wife are you coming?" I say and wave my free hand to her. "I have a name." She says.

"I would like to know it but we're on a time crunch, right now. Maybe later?"