Chapter 20: Deceived

(A.N.) I just made the first volume of this book in comic form available. If you don't want to imagine how it will look or you rather see it in a visual form. The comic book is now available: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BM38L26?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

*************************************
Being back at home seems so unnerving now. I know more about my husband. This is his truth and now I have to decide if this is what I am okay with dealing with. I don't know how to feel about all of this, but I feel like I don't have much choice in the matter. That's what scares me the most.

"Hello, is anyone home?" I ask while Air runs around the dark house. "Air, did you find your father anywhere?" I ask. "Nope. He's not home yet." Air says. I go to the bedroom and gather my sleepwear. Then I go to the bathroom, lock the door and jump into the shower. The bathroom steams up as the warm water beats down on my skin like heavy rain. The door creaks. I pull the shower curtain back and peer out into the steam. "Air Momma's bathing right now." I say. I look across the room and the door looks like it is closed. I turn back to the pelting water and lather up my towel. A shadow passes by the curtain and a hand pulls the curtain back to reveal my husband with his golden chiseled abs taunting me. I look away from him back to the shower. He pulls the soapy towel out of my hand and slowly cleans my back. "You don't have to do that." I say. "I want to." He says.

"I know that you killed King Enkimdu in the past. I know everything about you..."

"I know. I love you and I know these recent revelations you've come across may not show that. You aren't just a body to hold and give life to my children. You are more than that to me."

"Prove it. Show me differently. Can't you show me your memories like the king did?"

"I can't but you can see it if you want. When I consumed him... His soul's wish was to remain within your thoughts. Energy can't be destroyed. It's just transferred. I transferred all that belonged to him to you. You deserve it." I smile a bit and drop it before turning to face him.

I gaze into his brown orbs and he rubs the towel across my neck. I move closer to him and kiss his cheek while imagining him as I saw him in Enkimdu's memories. Imagining the worst of him. His monstrous side. Claws gently grip my shoulders and his wet hair strands lay flat against my shoulder as the water pours down my back. His sharp nails lightly trail down to my waist and he pushes us further in the shower. Warm breath nuzzles against my neck until I feel a sharp pain. "Ow." I say breathlessly. I try to pull away from him and he drops the towel. His hands now gripping my wrists. I look at the veins dancing on his skin. They throb in unison as the canines in his mouth grow longer and sharper. Before I could register what is happening he nicks his finger with one of his fangs and presses his blue blood to the the scratch on my neck. He lifts me up into his arms and my legs instinctively wrap around his torso. "Boom!" He dives into a deep kiss. Our mouths wrestle each other. "Boom!" What's that thunderous sound?

"I just want..." My husband voice says in my head. "Boom!" The ground around us turns to a sea of blackness until glowing stars twinkle around us.  "What do you want?" I ask him telepathically.

"I want your trust back. I want our love to be true and deep." I glide my fingers through his midnight strands.

"I do love you. You're a great father to our son and you take care of our little family so well. I feel safe around you but I'm starting to realize that you are also very dangerous. Should I worry about you killing our son if he angers you or killing Death's kid because you're at odds with him?" The starlights around me dim and a bloody scene comes into focus. Dark red splotches on wooden cabinets. Blood smearing a white tiled apartment floor leading to a bedroom. My father's body lay in the bed beside his head. His eyelids are puffy and closed while his neck still drains into a growing dark red patch on the blue comforter. "What is this?" I ask. The view blurs until I see my uncle near the store counter. "Hey, you're Asher's guy right?" He asks. "Yes, we're married." My husband says and walks to the other side of the counter.

"Man, I didn't ask all that. Ha! Y'all think y'all are better than us, huh? You got a shop and a uppity broad. It's embarrassing to tell anyone she's my niece. I grew up around women taking care of their families by themselves. She shouldn't be married. She should be working someone's job out here. Look, I'm a store manager in the states at Rick Ronald. I'm not married."

"Everyone has different beliefs and different comfort levels. We chose to get married because it's what we believe in. It's not advised to force your beliefs on others. It typically doesn't end well...for you." My uncle's tan hand jolts across the counter and grabs my husband's collar.

"This is how you talk to tourists. Your lucky we're not in the states right now. I came by to let you both know that nobody cares about what your doing and it's only a matter of time before you two break up. I'm just doing you a favor and leaving this little warning for ya'. She's a witch and y'all are not better than me! Ya' hear me! Your not!" He tightens his grip on my husband's collar and my husband slaps his hand away.

"Don't visit here and don't touch me ever again."

"What are you going to do about it?"

My husband snaps his fingers and the double glass doors automatically lock. He punches my uncle in the face. My cousin Tommy runs out of the aisles and tries to punch my husband. My husband snaps his fingers again. The scene freezes. My husband kicks my uncle's still body to the ground and snaps his fingers again. The scene returns to motion and my husband catches the punch. He bends Tommy's wrist until it cracks. "What the he-" Tommy says. My husband punches him in the throat.

"Tommy, you didn't think I'd find out? You punched my wife in her stomach. You've hit her more than once."

"We we're kids. That was long ago."

"You were teens and the attack was unprovoked. It wasn't a joking matter then and it's not a joking matter now. What would've happened to my future if you destroyed her fertility? You're trash and I want you and your father... No, I want you and the rest of that family to stay away from me and my family. This is your first and last warning. Next time..."

"Next time what?" Tommy says with a raspy voice. He snaps his fingers and the doors unlock. "Stay away from us and get out of my shop!"

Another memory fades into view. My husband's cloudy breaths in the chilly night are steady. The heel of his shoe digs deeper into an open brown palm against the black ice in a parking lot. "You're stalking my wife." He says to the owner of the hand. I look at the bruised face and see my ex-boyfriend. "She used to be mine, you know." My ex says.

"How can she ever belong to you? She's my wife. I'm her first and only husband." My husband chuckles dryly.

"You think you can get rid of me?" My ex squirms on the ground.

"No. I don't think you will stop stalking her, but I can get rid of you. I don't like competition but... I know what'll keep you away."

"Ha! What?"

"A couple of your friends... I'm not going to say which ones but... They tried to push themselves onto her back when you two were dating... She ended it with you because she couldn't stomach seeing you anymore. You're weak and you couldn't even keep your friends away from her. Yet, you claim her as if she's your property. Wouldn't you protect your high brand shoes and expensive video game system from damage? Why would you make it easy for anyone to damage someone you say you love so much?"

"You're just mad because her grandma made her date me. Nobody in her family likes you but they love me. If I was such a weak and horrible person, why didn't I make her sleep with me? Why?" My ex yells while spraying his blood on the slippery ground.

"You would've went to jail. She was a minor. You were not. I see the anguish creeping onto your face and I know it's not from my boots. That's guilt. I'm right and you know it. Here's a good piece of advice: weed out the pathetic friends you have around you before you get another girlfriend. It'll save you from another heartbreak. Now get out of my face!" My husband lifts his boot and my ex quickly limps away.

I'm pulled back to the shiny stars. "Why did you kill my father?" I ask.

"... because he tried to use you as a sacrifice in a ritual to another god."