Chapter 16: Guilt Lock

"Cup it in your hands and imagine it whole." King Enkimdu says to me. Still in his arms my hands automatically does as he instructs me to. He may have control over my body but he can't tell me what to think. I won't will this fruit to heal. I stare at it. He chuckles. "Are you serious?" He asks. He touches his head to mine. Veins fork out from his skin and plunge into mine. "What are you thinking?" He asks in my mind. "I don't know why you want this fruit healed or why it has to be done by me, but I'm not doing it. Unless you agree to a deal with me..." I mentally say.

"What do you want?" His eyebrows furrow and his gaze intensifies.

"I want you to send me and my son safely back to my husband without a scratch on us." I hum.

"Fine, I'll send you and your son back without hurting one hair on any of your heads. Now, heal the fruit!"

He snarls at me. I squeeze my eyes shut and imagine the fruit whole again. It slips from my hands and for a moment as it falls I see electrical veins forking across it. A black hole opens up in the ground and swallows it. The hole closes and a brown hand shoots out of the ground in its place. Then another hand follows. They claw through the grass until a head pops out. A head with my face. Once it finishes crawling out of the ground, I see the mirror image of me. Chocolate skin and the blackest curls reaching for everything in the air around her. I'm beautiful.

"I know. Now we have to send your clone off with your son. We wouldn't want your husband to get suspicious, right?"

"Wait! You told me to heal the fruit that has Earth as a seed in it. If that fruit turned into a clone version of me... Where's Earth?"

"Not every seed in a fruit makes it to become a mature version of a plant. Some just are dead seeds in the ground helping to sustain other living forms. Plant a planet?"  He chuckles.

"You're not telling me something. I'm sure of it."

He jumps into the air and we float without any other movement from his legs. We remain in the air and softly land on the back porch. Looking at the building from outside in its entirety, it seems like an elegantly crafted mansion. There is a lot small glass panels held by intricately woven gold metal for the windows. Tan walls surround and support the grand windows. Sabe opens the double glass doors. King Enkimdu walks through the threshold to the massive glass dome ballroom. Black and gold wedding decorations hang from the wall and lay upon the tables. Death, Seasons, and Celestial stand in their wedding garb on each side of the aisle. There were blue, purple, and green people applauding beside them. I look up at King Enkimdu and fight my tears. I realize something. No veins are forking from his skin. I have an hypothesis I need to test. If he is not shooting veins out of his body to connect to me, then he shouldn't be able to stop me from jumping to another place. I close my eyes and imagine my home with my husband above his shop. I visualize the soft linen of our bed on my skin.

Wind swirls around me. I fall onto my bed. I move my hands around. Good I've got control over my body again. I run into the living room screaming. "Is anyone here? I need help!" I yell. My husband runs out of the bathroom and Air walks into the hallway. "What's wrong?" They ask in unison. King Enkimdu wraps his arms around me out of nowhere. He puts a finger to my lips and hushes me. The clone comes out of the kitchen smiles at us and saunters up to my husband. "Last night was terrific! We're going to defeat Seasons and Death I just know it." She says. My husband kisses her and rubs her belly simultaneously pushing the loose fitting dress back to show a baby bump. What the heck?

"It has been a whole 6 months from the last time you saw him on Earth. Such an adorable family. You wouldn't want to ruin their home, right? What if he finds out she's not you? He destroyed all the other dimensions and he still would want to be a good father, right? Why would he choose his pregnant wife over some clone in a wedding dress? He still has the scythe. What are the chances he attacks you with it over his pregnant wife?" He chuckles and pulls us back to the wedding ceremony.

A green man dressed like a butler with a raspy voice says ": You two are now and forever joined in matrimony everything that is his is yours and everything that is yours is his. Mr. Existential you may kiss your bride." King Enkimdu roughly pushes his lips onto mine.

In that instant, a hot wind gust blows my hair back and a bright light flashes over the room. "Unhand my wife you sadistic freak!" My husband yells from across the room. King Enkimdu laughs maniacally. "You're too late! She belongs to me now! Guards!" King Enkimdu picks me up and disappears us to Death's soul processing room. He digs in Death's potato sack looking bag and pulls out a blue orb. He throws the bag onto the ground and shoves the orb into my belly. Veins fork out of his wrist and dive into the transparent hole his hand is in. The veins fade away and he pulls a white orb out of this transparent hole he made in my abdomen. I touch to feel if the hole is still there. My abdomen feels solid. I test the spot again with my eyes closed, and I still feel nothing strange. He puts the white ball back in the sack and the bag turns into a laptop satchel.