Chapter 13: Training Days

An arrow whizzes by Air's ear as he runs in the snow toward the oak front door. He reaches for the door while catching his breath. "Hey, you cheated!" Celestial yells from far behind. Air giggles and runs inside bumping into Death's leg. He stops giggling and looks up at Death cautiously. "You have promise after all. If you want, you can become my apprentice." Death says to Air. Air turns his big brown eyes to me. I awkardly adjust myself on the couch beside Seasons. "It's okay. You can go for it if you want." I say to Air. Air nods and says ": Okay. So, what does being your apprentice entail?"

"I have a bag of souls to sort through. You can help me with that." Death says. Air nods and follows Death to double wooden doors near the clear framed chimney. Celestial runs inside. "Mom! Where did he go?" He asks. "Your Papa has decided to train him." Seasons says. The boy furrows his brows.

"Why? We were playing a game."

"Yes dear but your training is just as important. Remember you chose to be my apprentice so who was going to be your father's apprentice? In your existence, it's times like these that teach you that every choice you make has a chain reaction. Now, we'll all go to the funeral parlor to dress those that have recently passed. We'll have to go up for that."

"How do we go up? Is there some stairway?" I ask her. She shakes her curly red hair. "Nope, you just grab the door handle and will yourself to return to the mortal dimension. It's like reaching to get something. See?" She grabs her son's hand and holds the handle of the oak door. They fade until nothing is left of them. I grab the handle and think about a place with huge double glass doors and an intricate metal design adorning them. I pull the handle on the door and it opens. A very tall male with tawny colored hair and amber eyes greets me. He has wide shoulders and a lean muscular frame. He's probably 1.96 meters tall or six feet and four inches tall. A fellow with a similar build to his runs out from behind him with a lion's head. The lion headed male roars. "Who are you and why have you come here?" He yells. "Sorry to intrude. I tried to transport myself to the mortal realm and came here instead." I say while scratching my head. Their amber eyes look to me in bewilderment. "You're definitely not in the mortal realm. This is Ashland." They say in unison.

"Oh." I say as I look up at the warm sunlight beaming through the dome shaped glass roof above. The clear blue sky and fluffy white clouds look as though it is painted in the sky. I look back at them. The lion headed male sniffs the air around me. "What's your name?" He asks. "My name's Asher. What's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Simon and my brother's name is Sabe."

"Do you both know where I can find a way to the mortal realm?"

"We don't know because we aren't allowed to travel to many places."

"Why is that?" I step closer to him.

"Our king doesn't allow it. We are left behind to defend the castle."

"Does your king visit other lands? Is he here now?" Their eyes widen.

"He is a well-traveled king but he is resting now. So, you can't talk to him right now. Would you like to wait in the study for him to wake?" I nod and say ":Yes."

Sitting in a stiff cushioned classic wood chair isn't what I thought I'd be doing today. Seasons probably doesn't even notice I'm gone. I stand up and walk up to one one of the massive windows with wrought iron ornatley woven across them. Farmlands stretch for miles and villagers happily tending to them. It's such a tranquil view like the scenery you pass by while riding a train. A deep voice lowly asks by my ear ": Isn't it beautiful?" In shock, I step back and bump right into his hard chest. "Um. Sorry about that." I say then awkwardly laugh and pull a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I apologize for standing so close to such a beautiful woman." He says. I look up at him and light brown eyes stare back at me. Tan brown locs rest on his shoulders. He steps closer to me and the smell of pinewood swirls around me. "What's your name?" I ask as his lean, tall frame looms over my five feet and five inch frame or 1.6 meters of me. A few of his locs touch my black strands as he leans his face closer to mine.

"Asher, I'm King Enkimdu. I hear your seeking to travel to the mortal realm. Is that correct?" I nod while watching his tan arms wrap around me. He's warm. Asher, you're a married woman. You need to nip his advances, right now. I gently pull away from his hug.

"Enkimdu, I'm married..."

"To whom?" He gently pulls me closer to him.

"The God of Destruction and Storms."

"Interesting... It's so weird Asher. I feel such a deep connection to you. When I saw you standing near the window earlier, I could've sworn I glimpsed my queen's golden crown wresting upon your midnight strands. Is he here?"

"My husband is still in the mortal realm."

"What kind of husband leaves his wife to traverse the dimension of life by herself?"

"I wanted Seasons to teach me how to wield my powers. She's married to Death and their both deities watching over the underworld. Funny story... She told me to will myself back to the mortal realm from the underworld, but I ended up here. Can you help me get back to the mortal realm?"

"I can but what's the rush. Besides it's not like a goddess of seasons can teach a goddess of love, fertility, and war much. Her and her husband can only teach what they know: Death and change. You belong here. I'm the : God of Farmland. I'll teach you everything you need to know and when your teachings are done... I may crown you my queen anyway."

"Enkimdu, I'm married and I have a son. I can't just leave my family."

"I'm not asking you to. I believe you can be a queen to more than one kingdom. The price for me teaching you is: you getting to know me and to consider my offer. I know how I'm approaching you in this instance seems like lust on steroids, but I haven't ever felt this way for any female in my whole existence. I believe it's love. Let me prove that to you." He says and wrests his chin on my forehead. What am I going to do? My husband is going to lose his mind once he finds out about this. All I can do is try to find a way out of here.