Chapter 3: I Hear the Secrets

I turn under my bed sheets. The full moonlight peers through our open bedroom window. I hear an owl hoot on the light breeze coming in. I slowly open my eyes and look at the thin white curtains dancing in the breeze. I have to use the bathroom. I get up and walk to the bathroom. I hear two people speaking in hush tones.

"Father, have you prepared my body? I want to be with you and mother."

"She's not pregnant yet son. I'm working on it. I just need to get some other deities help with our little problem so that this doesn't happen again."

"I've always dreamed of having a mother that loves me and cares for me. I saw her do it before. She loves any child that's hers. It fills me with sorrow too. Why do I have to sit and watch those weak mortals have both of their parents. I deserve it more. I'm stronger than them."

"Keep them distracted. Soon that dimension won't exist anymore. Then she'll belong to our family and our family alone. We won't ever be apart again."

"Do you promise?"

"I'll do better than promise you, son. I'll make sure of it. Now, go back there."

"Okay, I trust you father."

The living room and hallway began to light up. I lightly push the bathroom door until it nearly closed. After using that bathroom, I shuffle to the bed. My husband is sound a sleep on his side of the bed. No covers on him. The moonlight bathes his chiseled abs. I release a shaky breath and shuffle to my side of the bed. I wrap myself in the covers. A question holds itself in my mind before I drift to sleep ": What's my husband really planning?"

*Comic for this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BM38L26?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860