Chapter Thirty-Five: Being Happy

Jenna blinked staring at Cristiano, she had been curious about why the doctor kept speaking to him privately every time he came to check on her; she had asked him what was going on and she hadn’t been expecting his answer.

“Say it again,” Jenna whispered softly, she was still on bed-rest even after being home for more than two weeks after what had happened; she felt a lot better now that she’d had some time to recuperate from her abduction.

Cristiano smiled at Jenna sitting down on the bed next to her, he knew that this was all a bit of a shock but now was the right time to share the news that he had known for a fortnight.

“We’re having a baby,” Cristiano repeated smiling, he couldn’t believe it himself but the doctor had assured him that everything was going perfectly with Jenna’s pregnancy even after what had happened.

Jenna slowly moved to rest her hand on her flat stomach, the news was a surprised to her since she didn’t think that it would happen so soon for them; she worried that being around vampires could have done some damage to their baby.

“It’s okay… the doctor says baby is fine,” Cristiano reassured her, he wrapped his arms around Jenna and held her close; he pressed a kiss to the top of her head knowing that he would never let anything happen to her or the baby.

Jenna closed her eyes and smiled, she couldn’t believe that she was going to have a baby; she had no idea what to expect but she was happy that her baby was going to be okay after what had happened.

“We’re going to be parents,” Jenna whispered pulling back to look at Cristiano, she looked at her boyfriend knowing that this certainly hadn’t been planned.

Cristiano nodded his head and gave Jenna a small kiss, he was thrilled at the news that they were expecting and he had hated not telling her until now but he had wanted to be sure everything was okay.

Cristiano took a deep breath and brushed some hair from Jenna’s face, he had no idea what he would have done if he had lost Jenna; he didn’t want to ever go through what had happened again.

“I know we said that we’d wait two years… but after what happened, I don’t think that I can wait,” Cristiano whispered reaching for his pocket, he knew that they had only been mated for four months but he knew that they weren’t like anyone else.

Jenna blinked confused watching Cristiano, her heart fluttered as she realised just where he was going with this; she’d had a feeling that he wouldn’t wait after what they had been through.

“Cris…” Jenna whispered back, she felt tears fill her eyes as he produced a small black box; she had no idea how he had managed to get a ring when he had barely left her side.

Cristiano grinned nodding his head, he slowly opened the box to reveal the platinum one carat diamond three stone engagement ring; he’d had the ring for years now and he knew that this was the right time to ask Jenna to marry him.

“I’ve been waiting my entire life for you Jenna, I don’t know what I would ever do if I lost you… you’re my soul-mate Jenna and I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” Cristiano began, his fingers brushing through her hair and he knew that this was the right thing to do.

Jenna sniffled, she couldn’t believe that this was what he was doing right now; she had never imagined this was how her life was going to work out and she was sure that everything was going to be okay.

“I bought this ring when I turned eighteen, I’ve been waiting for this for moment for a very long time… Jenna Ramírez Valiente will you marry me?” Cristiano asked with a smile.

Jenna squeaked softly, she couldn’t believe that Cristiano was asking her to marry him and she knew that there was nothing that she would like more; she could never imagine her life without him.

“Yes,” Jenna breathed as tears started to fall, she watched Cristiano carefully slip the ring onto her finger; she couldn’t believe any of this and she had no idea what she was going to tell her parents but she would cross that bridge when she got to it.

Cristiano smiled leaning forward to kiss Jenna, he was thrilled that she had said yes and he doubted that it would be long before his mother would come upstairs and demanded to know what had happened.

Jenna wrapped her arms around Cristiano and kissed him deeply, she was so happy right now and she couldn’t imagine what could make this moment better.

Cristiano pulled back from Jenna and smiled, he gave her one final kiss on the lips before he moved to lift up her top a little; he ducked down and pressed a kiss to it knowing that his baby was inside.

Jenna sniffled a little, she watched as Cristiano whispered softly to her still flat stomach in Portuguese; it would be weeks before she started to show and she wasn’t sure how long it would be before she told her parents that they were expecting.

***

“I can’t believe he finally did it,” Elma gushed admiring the engagement ring on Jenna’s finger with Hugo opened up a bottle of champagne, they had all known that Cristiano wouldn’t wait to ask Jenna and had been prepared for the news.

Dolores was busying herself making some lunch, she was so happy that not only was she finally going to get to see her youngest son marry but she was going to be a grandmother.

“I can’t believe he didn’t get a new ring,” Katia muttered shaking her head, she could only imagine how long her younger brother had had that ring and she was sure that something a bit more noticeable would be better.

Cristiano rolled his eyes at his sister’s words, he could remember how many times his friend, José Pereira, had proposed to Katia and how many times he’d had to change the ring.

“I love it,” Jenna replied kissing Cristiano’s cheek, she didn’t care about the ring only the man that had given it to her; she loved Cristiano and she was thrilled that she now got to call him her fiancé.

Cristiano grinned, he knew that he would spend the rest of his life with her and that Jenna really didn’t care for expensive things; the ring that he had chosen twelve years ago was perfect and he knew that Jenna loved it.

“When are you going to tell your parents?” Dolores asked the sooner that Jenna told her parents, the sooner that they could all start planning the wedding; she didn’t really think that they would wait long.

Cristiano peeked at his mother, he knew that his mother wanted a wedding to happen soon but he wanted to focus on Jenna and the baby for a while before they made any decisions.

“We decided to wait a little… we haven’t been together long and they’ll freak if I tell them now,” Jenna replied smiling, her parents weren’t in the know and they wouldn’t understand why their daughter was getting married so quickly.

Jenna didn’t even know how her parents were going to take the news that Cristiano had gotten her pregnant; she could only imagine their shock since the couple hadn’t been dating that long.

“I hope it’ll be soon,” Dolores said trying to remember the last wedding the family had, it had been Katia’s and that had been just after her late husband had passed away.

###

Author's Note: 

Only one more chapter left... Not sure what story I will post next but it'll be up soon after this one has finished xxx