Chapter Two: Going Crazy

Jenna wasn’t sure if she was going crazy or something, all she could think about was Cristiano Ronaldo and it made her want to tear her hair out; she was almost as bad as Tiffany when it came to the footballer.

Jenna didn’t know what was wrong with her, she felt like one of those fans that were obsessed with people and she had found herself more than once looking Cristiano up on the internet.

Laying back on the crappy hotel bed, Jenna stared up at the ceiling trying to think of why she was suddenly obsessed with the footballer; she wondered briefly if Tiffany was rubbing off on her.

Jenna shook her head and closed her brown eyes, she was exhausted since she couldn’t sleep and she wished that she could sleep without dreaming about Cristiano.

The trip to Madrid was slowly coming to an end and Jenna was a little sad that her week in the capital was nearly over; she was dreading returning to work if this was how her life was going to be from now on.

Tiffany was none the wiser about Jenna’s suffering, she was in her own world and hadn’t even noticed that her best friend had been a little off since the meet and greet with Cristiano.

Jenna wished that she could just take a nap, however no sooner had her mind started to drift than it had started to think about the footballer that seemed to be haunting her.

“I’m back,” Tiffany sang loudly while she slammed the hotel room door, she grinned skipping across the room with her shopping bags; she was thrilled to have done some shopping while in the capital city.

Tiffany worked as a personal assistant at some law firm while Jenna was just a receptionist; they had been friends since high school and people often wondered how they managed it since they were very different people.

Jenna didn’t even look up from her place of wallowing, she wanted to sleep and she doubted that would happen with Tiffany back in the hotel room; her friend didn’t know the meaning of the word quiet.

“I heard a rumour while I was out shopping,” Tiffany declared bouncing on the bed, there was only one bed in their hotel room and the blonde was thrilled that Jenna had given it to her while the brunette usually slept on the couch.

Jenna took a cleansing breath before she looked at Tiffany, she was sure that whatever her friend had to say would be footballer related; she forced a smile sure that it couldn’t be that bad.

“I saw in a magazine that Cristiano had to stop his meet and greet right after we left,” Tiffany gossiped with a big smile on her face, she had been reading a magazine when she had stopped for lunch and she had been thrilled when she had read the news.

Jenna raised an eyebrow at Tiffany wondering where she was going with this, she frowned knowing her friend had to be telling her this for a reason; she just wanted Tiffany to get to the point.

“According to an official report… he had an allergic reaction to someone’s lipstick,” Tiffany continued not noticing the look of panic on Jenna’s face, she was already thinking about how this could somehow be linked to her; she had felt a connection between them when she had kissed his cheek.

“Is he okay?” Jenna asked feeling worry build in her stomach, she didn’t know why but she felt truly concerned that something had happened to him.

Tiffany blinked surprised as she turned to look at Jenna, she stared at the brunette for a moment; she had noticed how her friend had been a little off lately.

“He’s fine… but I know that he couldn’t see any more fans since his mind was stuck on me,” Tiffany said shrugging, she smiled knowing that this could be her chance; she was sure that this would all work out her way.

Jenna sighed in relief, she didn’t like the idea that something was wrong with Cristiano; she didn’t even know the guy but she guessed that she was just being a concerned football fan.

“We better start getting ready,” Tiffany mused looking at the clock, she didn’t want to be late for the match and they were going to be sitting close to the pitch for the game.

Tiffany wanted to look perfect and she knew that Cristiano would want her to look her best for him; she got off the bed and walked over to the wardrobe to pick out something to wear.

Jenna looked at the clock, it wasn’t even after three yet and the match didn’t even kick off until eight; they had five hours before they had anything to do.

“I’m gonna have a shower,” Tiffany contemplated brushing her fingers through her hair, she was sure that the shower would calm her and she had so much to do before the match.

Jenna watched her leave the hotel room, she had no idea what would happen when she went back home; she hoped that whatever was plaguing her would go away.

“Come on Jen, get over this,” Jenna muttered rubbing her eyes and wishing that for a moment that she could forget about Cristiano; she was beginning to think that she was going to crazy.

***

Cristiano ran his fingers through his hair, he knew that this wasn’t easy and he wished that he had noticed his mate earlier instead of when he was walking out of the door; he hated that he had no idea where she was now.

Rolling his shoulders, Cristiano ignored the buzzing in the back of his mind, he closed his eyes taking deep breathes; he couldn’t shift right now and he knew it would have to wait until after the match.

“I heard congratulations was in order,” Karim Benzema said looking at Cristiano, he had heard from other pack members that the older man had finally found his mate and he couldn’t help himself.

Cristiano offered Karim only a nod, he was still no closer to tracking down his mate and he had no idea where she was right now; Iker and Sergio looked at him concerned about how he was coping.

“Don’t congratulate him yet… he’ll probably scare her away,” Álvaro Arbeloa scoffed, everyone knew that Cristiano had a bit of a reputation even if it had gotten quiet in recent years; he didn’t doubt that any woman would want Cristiano as their soulmate.

Cristiano gritted his teeth, he knew that Arbeloa was a pain in the arse, the man tended to speak without thinking; it was a fault that he wasn’t going to fix in his lifetime.

“I think it’s great… when will we get to meet her?” Fábio Coentrão asked curiously, he knew that his friend deserved this and he was looking forward to meet the woman that was bonded to his friend.

Cristiano paused, he had known everyone would be excited about this but he didn’t want to admit that he had already lost her; he didn’t know who she was and he was a little ashamed of that fact.

“Let’s focus on the match,” Iker ordered looking at Cristiano, he was sure that Cristiano would be able to track down the brunette that was his mate; they were doing what they could to help him but it would take time.

Cristiano turned his attention to getting ready, he wasn’t sure how long it would be before he got to call his mate his own; he had no idea what to expect but he hoped she would accept him.

A couple of his team-mates whispered between themselves, starting to bet that Cristiano had already scared away his mate.