[09] zevil

"Ladies and gentlemen, congratulations for escaping the tower," Lippo said while smirking, his glasses reflecting light just like every anime character's glasses did whenever they had something up their sleeve

(y/n) actually waited for the examiner to push the glasses up his nose to complete the megane cliche.

"Only the fourth and final phase remains," He continued, all of the 25 remaining examinees listening to him with intent "The fourth phase will take place over there, on Zevil Island," Lippo then pointed to the island that was quite the distance away from where they stood.

All while Lippo was explaining what would be happening for the fourth phase, (y/n) began zoning out as she thought about the ways on how she could get the badge of whoever she was going to get when she draws a number. The chances she would get one of the main four's number were slim if fate did its duty and so, (y/n) plainly stared at the island they would be at for a whole week.

Would (y/n) die if she wasn't aware of what the stages had in store? Most likely.

She was glad that she had everything and I mean everything she needed for the fourth phase, she was even kind enough to stuff the blankets from the waiting room they were in into her bag, she only brought five blankets since that was enough for her and the main four.

She was broken out of her trance when Lippo snapped his fingers as a trolley of some sort made its way to where they stood.

"I will need you to draw lots," Lippo announced, earning mixed reactions.

"Lots?" 384 said.

"For what?" Pokkle followed.

The light that reflected on Lippo's glasses vanished as he explained why they were drawing lots.

"To determine who will hunt and who will be hunted."

As Lippo explained something about the numbers they would be getting, everybody, in the order of who finished first, took a card of their own.

(y/n) already had her ID tag inside her bag as she wanted to be cautious if ever someone as dangerous as Hisoka or even Illumi got her number for some reason.

While they waited for their turn as Kurapika went to get the number that will be designated to him, (y/n) started a conversation with the two youngest examinees.

"Hey Gon, Killua. I think it's good if you... pack up your numbers," the girl said as she turned to Leorio, pointing to where her badge used to be and to her bag, and of course, he got it right away as he tucked his number away inside his suitcase.